+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: smoking

re: smoking

Quote Originally Posted by hammerwell06
    Yeah I smoke on the odd occasion .

Whats the benefits ? Erm, non that a non smoker would understand , how ever anyone who does/ has, might just agree that they calm you down at times .

I also know people who like smoking .

Btw, I have already suffed with Cancer & that was before I even had my first cigarette .

While we are on the subject of things polluting things and making clothing smell , can I ask you what car you drive ?

Also as it's been pointed out already , could you afford to make up the lost revenue ?
    My car is a Citreon C5 it doesn't make my clothes smell it is also an absolute necessity for me to be able to use a car smoking is always unnecessary.

Polluting your body wasting your money and destroying your health may well be beneficial to the government but how does that benefit the smoker ?

Smoking

I don't believe that ex-smokers are the worst - it's become a bit of a 'get-out clause' that some smokers use as if it means the arguments against smoking are somehow not as valid or strong.

For once i agree with SSY!!

Ive never smoked as i saw what it did to both my parents who did and i wish they were still alive!!

Its an addictive drug what can kill you as we all know but 40-60 years ago it was regarded as healthy and a survey was once taken by US doctors as to which brand they preferred!!!!

You couldn't make it up!!

Ok then SSY , I'm sorry, I thought you were havin a pop at smokers in general .

The reason that I bought Fags Vs Booze up was because you said about other addictions that wasn't as bad as smoking ... So I guess, I just presumed you were referring to drink ...

I do stand by what I said about "Ex Smokers " & them being the worst , again it's only my opinion from the ex smokers I have met .

The same as I stand by what I said about it calming me down at times . It's not always about " getting your fix every hour " either , or how do I go weeks or months without one ?

As Devon said , years ago they done everything they could to promote it and it was excepted everywhere and most people done it. Many of times while growing up , I'd go in to a shop , cafe , train , even a bus and everyone used to smoke . I never herd of anyone die from 2nd hand smoke .

I do agree that there are no long term benefits & it's not good for you health , also like most I hate the smell of them . I wo

Quote Originally Posted by DEVONSPUR
    For once i agree with SSY!!

Ive never smoked as i saw what it did to both my parents who did and i wish they were still alive!!

Its an addictive drug what can kill you as we all know but 40-60 years ago it was regarded as healthy and a survey was once taken by US doctors as to which brand they preferred!!!!

You couldn't make it up!!
    Hello, Devonspur.

I packed up smoking end of May, 1983, when my eldest son was in Year 11, sitting mocks in Es*** and constantly berating me about it, seeing as I was heavily into cycling, which I love, and still playing football each weekend. It took him two days to notice I'd packed up so, of course, I ribbed him about his powers of observation. But I read a while ago that the first real research in the U.K. into its effects was apparently published by an Oxbridge professor in 1950, when I was just 7, and his findings made him immediately pack up. The rotten and corrupt bastarxx at the tobacco

1st: Wrong forum!

2nd: If people want to smoke, drink, have kinky ***, have a comic book collection, gun collection, watch adult ****, stick the rough end of a pineapple up their jacks, support West Ham etc etc etc, then that is their prerogative and their business alone. People worry more about others business when they should be concentrating on enjoying their own lives and surroundings.

Rant over, Im going for a fag.

Quote Originally Posted by EngNor

2nd: If people want to smoke, drink, have kinky ***, have a comic book collection, gun collection, watch adult ****, stick the rough end of a pineapple up their jacks, support West Ham etc etc etc, then that is their prerogative and their business alone. People worry more about others business when they should be concentrating on enjoying their own lives and surroundings.

I agree totally it's your life it's your choice just wondered if my views were extreme or normal. I would love to see a public ban on smoking because I feel I shold never be a passive smoker and I wish I saw less dog ends on the street because they are horrible Other than that if it doesn't affect me its your problem

Quote Originally Posted by Superstaryid

I agree totally it's your life it's your choice just wondered if my views were extreme or normal. I would love to see a public ban on smoking because I feel I shold never be a passive smoker and I wish I saw less dog ends on the street because they are horrible Other than that if it doesn't affect me its your problem[/quote]

Sorry , but all of this from an " Ex Smoker " , (you couldn't make it up.)

I do agree that the stub ends are a horrible sight littered

Just wanted to add this too.

There was an argument at my work once about people smoking in the can**** , ( before it was banned in public places) . So to resolve the issue , the management made a smoking can**** & a non smokin can**** , both separate from each other.

Every break time , I'd watch the non smokers head to the smoking can**** , claiming they were only going there , because their mates was smokers ... Now WTF is that all about ??

As I said before some people are just happy to moan about anything. I wonder what it will be once everyone has given up cigarettes ??

things that are bad for you and other people in this world find repulsive...
    Smoking
    Alcohol
    Tea/Coffee
    Drugs
    Red meat
    Salt
    Vinegar
    Processed/fast food
    Pain killers

The list goes on and there are people that would ban every thing on that list. thankfully we are semi free and can indulge when we like.

pubs/clubs aint the same since the smoking ban. the smell of B.O. vomit and stale beer is foul and all the fag buts out the front that everyone leaves. it was far better when it was inside hiding the smell, cleaner to.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)