+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: smoking

re: smoking

Oh Cliffy. Why the bile?

I did you the service of re-reading my post to make sure, and as far as I can see, (although I do accept that the dancing elves in your head may be suggesting otherwise), the only assumption I made is that you are a non-smoker.

Was I correct or not in that assumption?

Do let me know because I need to find closure and make peace with myself having upset you so profoundly.

My post was directed at your amusingly screechy demands for punitive duty on fags, and for their sale to be controlled.

When I pointed out that these conditions were already in place, you then say "Ah, no, I mean REAL controls".

Oh, so you mean a world designed by Cliffy, to satisfy Cliffy and his demands, to mirror Cliffy's tastes and prejudices.

Oooh.. hang on… there's a word for that…. No, don't rush me… no it's gone.

Anyway, Cliffy old thing. I thought I would enter into the spirit of your discussion because – frankly – it's a bit sparse on here.

Recently (although I am not regula

Quote Originally Posted by hammerwell06
    While we are on the subject of peoples annoying habits, hobbies etc .

I think all cyclists should be made to pay their way on the roads , I think they should be taxed and made to have insurance , they should also be made to take a regular road safety tests .

As they are far more dangerous than a smoker . Why should I have to slow down for the pesky pain in the arses who sway all over the road with no consideration for any other road users .

Btw, did you realise that more people die each year from running and keeping fit . Apparently it puts a lot of strain on their hearts .
    At last a bit of good news, I shall live long and prosper.

[quote="cliffyboy"]Oh Cliffy. Why the bile?

I did you the service of re-reading my post to make sure, and as far as I can see, (although I do accept that the dancing elves in your head may be suggesting otherwise), the only assumption I made is that you are a non-smoker.

Was I correct or not in that assumption?

Do let me know because I need to find closure and make peace with myself having upset you so profoundly.

My post was directed at your amusingly screechy demands for punitive duty on fags, and for their sale to be controlled.

When I pointed out that these conditions were already in place, you then say "Ah, no, I mean REAL controls".

Oh, so you mean a world designed by Cliffy, to satisfy Cliffy and his demands, to mirror Cliffy's tastes and prejudices.

Oooh.. hang on… there's a word for that…. No, don't rush me… no it's gone.

Anyway, Cliffy old thing. I thought I would enter into the spirit of your discussion because – frankly – it's a bit spar

Quote Originally Posted by hammerwell06
    While we are on the subject of peoples annoying habits, hobbies etc .

I think all cyclists should be made to pay their way on the roads , I think they should be taxed and made to have insurance , they should also be made to take a regular road safety tests .

As they are far more dangerous than a smoker . Why should I have to slow down for the pesky pain in the arses who sway all over the road with no consideration for any other road users .

Btw, did you realise that more people die each year from running and keeping fit . Apparently it puts a lot of strain on their hearts .
    What an idiotic thing to say what astounding stupidity you have just displayed. " you couldn't make it up" "ffs"

SSY i don't think he was being serious!!

I hope everyone has noticed that he hasn't denied being a roadsweeper...not that there's anything wrong with sweeping roads or serving kebabs, eh Froggy??

Lets bury our differences and support the mighty Spurs at the Chavs!!!

Hate them with a passion and wd even support WHU against them!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVONSPUR

I hope everyone has noticed that he hasn't denied being a roadsweeper...not that there's anything wrong with sweeping roads or serving kebabs, eh Froggy??

Kebabs. The food of Gods.

There was a time when Olive Oil was considered bad for you - good enough only for warming and dribbling in your ear to melt wax build up. Now it's actually beneficial to your health.

Eggs, until very recently, were thought to be certain death due to the cholesterol content. Wailing headlines advised us to eat only two per week or else. Now they know the cholesterol is a different type and cannot be absorbed into the body, so you can eat as many as you like.

At some point in the future, experts will discover that a big, fat dirty Doner a day will allow you to live to 120, re

Quote Originally Posted by frogiron

There was a time when Olive Oil was considered bad for you - good enough only for warming and dribbling in your ear to melt wax build up. Now it's actually beneficial to your health.

Eggs, until very recently, were thought to be certain death due to the cholesterol content. Wailing headlines advised us to eat only two per week or else. Now they know the cholesterol is a different type and cannot be absorbed into the body, so you can eat as many as you like.

At some point in the future, experts will discover that a big, fat dirty

Good point.

It's difficult to know what is good and what is bad.

I will stick to my mantra of everything in moderation, so no more than 5 pints or two bottles of wine a day, Burgers or Pizza no more than once a day, with other meals comprising a healthy Kebab with chilli sauce.

And of course Opal Fruits and fruit cake for my 5 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by frogiron

At some point in the future, experts will discover that a big, fat dirty

Quote Originally Posted by DEVONSPUR

At some point in the futu

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)