+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money talks

re: Money talks

Sorry, couldn't resist adding a tune to the thread. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB

Every organisation like the NHS and others and I put FA academies in the same boat that more and more people and managers are employed and they all forget why they are needed at all. How many have we now got at CAFC compared with actual first team players? 80 is it?

There are 38 at my local GP when there was just 3 over 40 years ago.
    Oh Mike, please don't try commenting on something else you have experience of as a user but not a professional. As someone who worked in the NHS for over 30 years let me assure you that there is more to your bald figures than meet the eye, but this is not the forum to pick your argument apart.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex

Every organisation like the NHS and others and I put FA academies in the same boat that more and more people and managers are employed and they all forget why they are needed at all. How many have we now got at CAFC compared with actual first team players? 80 is it?

There are 38 at my local GP when there was just 3 over 40 years ago.
    Oh Mike, please don't try commenting on something else you have experience of as a user but not a professional. As someone who worked in the NHS for over 30 years let me assure you that there is more to your bald figures than meet the eye, but this is not the forum to pick your argument apart.[/quote]

You are right this isn't the forum to discuss this and as I have an enquiring mind having a science degree you understand with latter periods of absent mindedness and stupidity lol I do try and re

Gosh, that's got me blushing!

There is more joy in heaven over the one sinner that repenteth!

Frank Lord was a wonderful role model for any kids and as I keep saying, he has the record for the most hat tricks scored here and most with his head. Its not all doom and gloom before the Dario era, even though most on here seem to think so...But then most probably didn't see Frank and many others that graced our mud pitch and cow sheds.

I would doubt that many kids today could play on such pitches and with the ball they used back then. Even I would have been able to play to a good standard with what they have now.

Welcome anyway!

I make that 3 now who thinks like I do!

OK, 2...
    A leg end in your own mind

Frank Lord was a wonderful role model for any kids and as I keep saying, he has the record for the most hat tricks scored here and most with his head. Its not all doom and gloom before the Dario era, even though most on here seem to think so...But then most probably didn't see Frank and many others that graced our mud pitch and cow sheds.
    Frank Lord went into coaching at the end of his playing career...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12