+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Up for the cup? United come to Fir Park

Up for the cup? United come to Fir Park

Can the team summon up the same attitude that saw them beat United a few weeks ago? - view external link

re: Up for the cup? United come to Fir Park

If we're fired up we can take take something from the game. United receive many plaudits for their results and fine football but we must not overlook the fact that they're a streetwise side who will be no physical pushovers.

Kenny Black has to come up with a better plan to snuff out their threat and provide our strikers with something to work on. The left hand side is of particular concern and United will be well aware of this.

Don't think I've ever been less enthused about a cup tie. No manager, ownership issues and a fight against relegation just seem more important right now, especially since we're likely to get papped by a team who are almost everything we are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    Don't think I've ever been less enthused about a cup tie. No manager, ownership issues and a fight against relegation just seem more important right now, especially since we're likely to get papped by a team who are almost everything we are not.
    My feelings exactly. The important thing for me though is that the club maximises its income from tomorrow although 33% will be taken by United. Anything else would be a bonus. Its simply a distraction.

Dundee utd will be super confident tomorrow regardless the result a few weeks ago.Their manager comes across very confident and a bit arrogant about his team,so let's hope it backfires on him and his team and the underdogs go on to win the game and give the home support something to lift their spirits and the whole club.

Confidence plays a huge part in sport, so every game is ***** in trying to regain some belief. Perhaps a good result in the cup might boost our league form.

We'll get nothing except beaten tomorrow as United are a better team than we are and won't make the sane mistakes they made three weeks ago when we were extremely fortunate to beat them.

Another cup exit at the first hurdle beckons

Agree with your tomorrows analysis as expect us to lose but you never know but totally disagree re last game we hit woodwork ,had a good goal wrongly given offside ,and scored good goal so sorry we were IMO not fortunate we played like demons and took our chance UTD never took theirs so that's why we won

McCall is gone I suspect we will progress.

Not forgetting of course that he took us to only the second Cup Final of my lifetime.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)