+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malcolm Finlayson

Malcolm Finlayson

Wolves announce the passing of Malcolm Finlayson, another legend gone , RIP !

re: Malcolm Finlayson

I met him when the Doog introduced us. Very quiet, but seemed like a very nice man. Great 'keeper with 203 appearances from 1956-64. Came to us from Millwall. I saw him play several times.

A millionaire from steel stockholding, I believe.

RIP Malcolm Finlayson.

- view external link

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88
    I met him when the Doog introduced us. Very quiet, but seemed like a very nice man. Great 'keeper with 203 appearances from 1956-64. Came to us from Millwall. I saw him play several times.

A millionaire from steel stockholding, I believe.

RIP Malcolm Finlayson.

RIP Malcolm.
    So very few of the 1958/59 Champions, 1960 FA Cup winners left now.

RIP Malcolm Finlayson, another Wolves great leaves us.

RIP Malcolm, a very sad day.

I didn't think anyone could replace Bert Williams but Malcolm did just that with distinction, saw many of his matches and he was a fearless keeper, the 6 yard box was his domain and friend or foe in there had better watch out.RIP Malc.

Like many of us older ones, I saw M F many times, a great keeper. As a youngster he always looked immense in goal and as greystone has stated, if he came for a ball in the six yard area watch out. Friend or foe took a bashing, but Malcolm always came out with the ball in those big hands. I had heard that his manner on the pitch was a real contrast to the man off it. R.I.P. Malcolm, yet another great Wolf joining our supporters in the sky.

My memories of him speaking in his Scottish accent(on my History of Wolves DVD) about watching Bert Williams just after Wolves had bought him saying he and the opposition goalkeeper making saves 'that they had no right to get too' and thinking to himself how could he follow that. This showed his humility and respect.
    But he did after Bert retired and as Wolves fans we have to be proud of him.
    My respects go to him and his family.
    RIP Malcolm.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)