+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Next three games

re: Next three games

If there was no comma after the word "five" you would have a point, As there is, I will indeed file it under "West Brom" - another example of you thinking you know it all and showing yourself up to be the exact opposite. You do make me laugh Tarquin!

If you had half a brain they'd probably promote you from the depths of marketing in to procurement.

Quote Originally Posted by "chiswickmart".

If we're talking first team squad players, from back to front, we're missing Alderweireld, Ward-Prowse, Schneiderlin, Cork and Rodriguez.

Yep , that's five, internationals, important and influential.[/quote

Internationals? Cork? JWP???
    Just for you - view external link

This is fun isn't it !?

Of course you're going to churlishly respond by saying they're not full internationals, so there !

Instead of continuing to de-rail why don't you surprise us all and answer the question why you believe that our injury problems are "hardly the same" as those of Arse, ManUre etc!? - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by kernow

Yep , that's five, internationals, important and influential.

Disagree Jack. By having the comma after five, it is basically saying that there are five of them, they are internationals, and they are all important and influential.

And why would I want to leave Marketing to mix with spivs like you?

It's getting hard to find posts with a reply button!!

Kernow - Take the Arsenal game for example. If you were without Forster, Bertrand, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Tadic and perhaps only had Pelle available from the bench, then it would be a fair comparison to the players Arsenal were without. (Sczezny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Wilshere, Arteta, Ozil and Giroud). Jeez, I even forgot Walcott too - he can be the Rodriguez long term casualty.

I'll actually accept that the Man Utd list is not as extensive although they are missing something like £120m worth of talent.

Is that a fair argument?

PS International = non age restricted team.

Arsenal and Man U have much bigger squads so therefore the % impact is probably less. Either way though Arsenal needed a last gasp goal to stop us having a point we deserved and we were the better team against Man U but in both cases they had more players able to finish moves and win games they didn't deserve to win.
    Given this is our 3rd season and having had a 'meltdown' in the summer, a first choice 11 capable of being top 6 in December is some achievement. Sure we need a bigger squad and some additions in places but doom and gloom it aint.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart

Kernow - Take the Arsenal game for example. If you were without Forster, Bertrand, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Tadic and perhaps only had Pelle available from the bench, then it would be a fair comparison to the players Arsenal were without. (Sczezny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Wilshere, Arteta, Ozil and Giroud). Jeez, I even forgot Walcott too - he can be the Rodriguez long term casualty.

I'll actually accept that the Man Utd list is not as extensive although they are missing something like £120m worth of talent.

Is that a fair argument?

PS International = non age restricted team.
    It's fair enough when you can only measure the effects of injuries in terms of the market value of players.

It's a bit harder to quantify the net worth of players to a team, ie their influence and importance.

I would argue that we miss our important and influential players as much, if not more than them.
    We just don't have as many as them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345