+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reaction`s to the Match

re: Reaction`s to the Match

This shows that with a couple of the right players in it lifts the whole team and although doubt we could afford the wages to sign them, I was always one to say we should think about paying more to such players and like Donaldson, we could offer a proportion of any transfer fee we would surely get for them. And being in the shop window is surely better than languishing in the backwater waiting for a game?

But then I don't think we could come close to what Usche would be getting at Watford? 5 grand a week? Of course they would need to be free agents and wonder what their situation is at the end of this season? Problem being that IF they carry on improving, their home clubs would not want to lose them.

I thought Ness and Baillie were the best players on the pitch. On that form, Toots won't get back in the team at right-back.

Ben is my player of the month because he is fast turning into a solid number one we can depend on. Sure, he'll drop the odd clanger - what 'keeper doesn't - but that save in the 1st half on Saturday underlined his immense potential.

Granty was OK - not up to his usual standard, but still broke up play well. Uche & Ajose...that is a partnership that WILL score us goals! Uche looked leaner and stronger than last season, and Ajose was constantly looking for that chance to get behind the defence.

Agree with everyone that Haber looked a total waste of a shirt...I think he's another transfer clanger but hope I'm proved wrong.

I think if anything, the overboard reaction is to Baillie. He was good, but 2nd half he was caught out on numerous times being too far up the pitch and they got in behind.

Ajose was fine I reckon - worked hard, always willing to receive the ball and would have been clean through had not the ref pulled play back for a free kick to us.

I thought Uche was a shoo-in for man of the match for a few reasons.

Firstly he was great to watch! Taking them on, defenders bouncing off in all directions, ball at his feet, desperate to play well and, of course, scoring.

Secondly, that attitude got the crowd going and it's been a while since the Main Stand made that sort of noise. That, in turn, got the rest of the team going after Donnie's strong start and got us back into the game.

Thirdly, he and Ajose were making themselves available, keen to get the ball, one with back to goal and one running the channels. This gave Ness someone to pass to, an opportunity he seemed eager to take.

It is true that we were pushed onto the back foot the longer the match went on, but I thought the defence did pretty well (especially Ben and Harry). This I think was largely due to Uche running out of steam and the injury to Leigh, especially the latter. Guthrie is, in my opinion, a decent centre back, a pretty good full back and an accurat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123