+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Habeas Corpus

Habeas Corpus

Our Canadian international (or occasional sub. dragged round the world at vast expense for a few minutes' game time), is not doing himself any favours.

Maybe we should let it be known that we have a body (geddit?) whom we'd happily let go out on loan.

I don't blame Steve for this, I think he was feeling a little desperate to secure a forward over the summer, and allowed himself to be suckered by Westley into the deal.

But if now he has, at long last, got other options, it might be the time to cut him loose.

And get Vadaine back for a while. An honest lad who doesn't create any fuss.

re: Habeas Corpus

An erudite post by footy mad standards ! however I think haber might still prove a valuable handful in some of the relegation battles to come.and I really doubt for all his Effort that Vadaine oliver is going to make much impact against streetwise league one defenders.

I take your point about Haber, but I think I'd leave Vadaine where he is for now, assuming he continues to be a regular starter.

He is getting valuable match time, albeit a league below, and let's face it he won't get that for the Alex so long as Uche stays fit. If Uche has to go back to Watford at the end of January (and we can't extend the deal) then a fully fit and confident Vadaine is likely to be a more mobile and potent threat than Haber..

So better on the pitch at Field Mill than the bench at Gresty Road for me.

Haber looked a little listless when he came on, but that was also in comparison to a lively, re-invigorated attack and midfield. I'd not write him off at all, but I'd definitely leave Oliver out on loan.
    Haber has attacking qualities - we've seen them - but he can also be cumbersome (a description that I would also apply to Inman). If Ikpeazu or Ajose have to go off for whatever reason, then I'd sooner have Haber and Cooper on the bench as subs.
    I would, however, send Billy Waters out on loan to help him recapture his form.

Given that the loan window is shut, Haber won't be going anywhere till January at the earliest...

Let's see what happens in the two weeks off and then in the December/New Year games before writing the lad off.

He's scored four goals. People were pretty happy with him before the international breaks kicked in. The club knew he was a Canadian international, so they can't have been surprised when he opted to play in their friendlies: he wants to play in his continent's championships, the Gold Cup, next July. Speculation has arisen that his relationship with Steve Davis has soured, because Steve publicly insinuated that he could've remained here - for Crewe, and for his English career.
    Maybe it has soured, who knows, but he's obviously a different kind of forward to Ajose and Ikpeazu; he doesn't have any international commitments until February (probably), so he has a chance to become properly embedded in the squad. If we want to judge his commitment 'to the cause' and his value to the squad, the next three months are the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigroof
    He's scored four goals. People were pretty happy with him before the international breaks kicked in. The club knew he was a Canadian international, so they can't have been surprised when he opted to play in their friendlies: he wants to play in his continent's championships, the Gold Cup, next July. Speculation has arisen that his relationship with Steve Davis has soured, because Steve publicly insinuated that he could've remained here - for Crewe, and for his English career.
    Maybe it has soured, who knows, but he's obviously a different kind of forward to Ajose and Ikpeazu; he doesn't have any international commitments until February (probably), so he has a chance to become properly embedded in the squad. If we want to judge his commitment 'to the cause' and his value to the squad, the next three months are the time.
    Body language has spoken loud and clear of late. Doesn't look interested IMO. I will watch him over the next thre

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Body language has spoken loud and clear of late. Doesn't look intere

Just going on what I have seen over the past few games that he has appeared in (mainly coming on as sub, probably). I don't consider myself being harsh at all. The bloke appears to need a kick up the backside to get him started, that is all. We will see if he improves in the next few weeks. He had better do, otherwise he will be sent out down the same road as Oliver. I don't think the results of games he has appeared in has anything to do with his own personal performances. There are 10 others out there too.

I'm not doubting you Mick.
    I like the idea of a big bloke up front who can score a goal and isn't as easy to knock off the ball as some of our, possibly more skilled, youngsters.
    We agree - let's give the Canadian/Roman (Marcus Aurelius sounds better than Haber IMO) a few games to show us. Unfortunately for the next few he'll be warming the bench most of the time, I hope.