+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who made cows?

re: Who made cows?

Disagree Oz.

I am a father and I have rules for my own kids, rules they don't understand, but I enforce them, because I love them, but when they break them, there are consequences.

So my God isn't any of those things.

Hope and faith are 2 different things.

Example you have faith in a plane, and its crew without thinking, so you just board the plane and you expect to reach your destination.

You wouldn't jump on a plane if you just hoped the plane and crew were capable.

My interpretation of faith is when you believe in someone or something. It's only hope if your not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch

You wouldn't jump on a plane if you just hoped the plane and crew were capable.
    But that's exactly what I do. I hope the plane is mechanically sound and I hope the pilot is not too doped out.

The rules were written and the ten commandments I believe to be true and mostly helpful. I think Jesua was a great visionary and all round nice bloke who drew followers with his ideology and charismatic personality. But my friend. It was the church that built him into this god like status. The Church spun the supernatural aspect.

It was/is all about control. Fear of punishment on a mass scale. Sure fathers like us set rules for our children but if you're going to scare masses of people into behaving you need something more intense. A power more frightening and rewarding than man can conjure up. Hence we have god(s)Heaven/Hell

Oz, I pray most days, and I find the more I pray and read his word, the more I understand God's ways.
    Science, man, the media all try to discredit
    Jesus, the church and Christian beliefs.

I know many a people who have been stung by so called Christians, or so called men and women of God.

Oz, all I know is what he shows me, and when he speaks to me, and I'm not talking big booming voices from heaven, and flashes like that, he doesn't work like that for me. He speaks to me through his scriptures, or through friends/family, or a whisper on my soul during my long drives to from Central Queensland.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)