+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: horse poo...

horse poo...

just seen a report on the tele, from one of these charities (where the top execs. get huge salaries) whinging that Africa is in danger, neglect of the health of their soil will lock the continent into a cycle of food insecurity for generations to come, and their conclusion is that the problem needs to be given a higher priority by aid donors...!!!!!!!!!

this is a continent where beasts roam around the countryside sh1tt1ng all over the place, a continent of untold wealth, think diamonds, gold, platinum, oil, think of it they have oodles of the stuff, yet all we ever hear is...they need more aid.

not long ago I heard somebody whinging that more medical supplies and docors are needed to go out there to deal with the ebola crisis, well blow me down, here's our health service struggling to deal with our poorly people and there's another country claiming not enoughs being done for them...

ever heard of INVESTING IN YOUR INFRASTRUCTURE, and your health care, ever give a thought to your own

re: horse poo...

Ray, came across this the other day & it reminded me of this post of yours, I copied & pasted it so none of it is my own thinking, I just thought it sounded like some sort of answer to what you're saying...to be honest I wouldn't know, don't know much at all about Africa other than what we are fed on the news etc.

"This is a very complex and misunderstood topic,it is important to note that "Africa" is not a political or economic entity, and therefore addressing this issue must be done on a nation-by-nation basis. In fact, some African countries such as South Africa, Kenya, and to some extent Morocco and Egypt have relatively high standards of living. The question is also posed poorly, as Africa as a whole does not contain an even spread of gold and diamond resources, and often nations have additional resources or less (such as oil in Nigeria but desert in Chad).

Effects on most African nations' wealth include, among other things, (1) residual effects of colonialism, (2) current exp

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)