+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking 'LDV' news

re: Breaking 'LDV' news

Great news. Relatively short contract but can't grumble.

Most important thing though is to start picking up points!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus_6_Replicant
    Great news. Relatively short contract but can't grumble.

Most important thing though is to start picking up points!
    Great news this signing. I feel that the length of the contract is perfect and suits both parties. June 2016, gives us the rest of this season to see if he lives up to the way we remember him almost 2 years ago, with perhaps the possibility of offering an extension in the summer. It also allows the lad a chance to improve upon his game and re-launch his stuttering career.

As we found out with Inman, things don't always go to plan (failure to rediscover the form he displayed when he was on loan), and the length of this contract is ideal if mistakes have been made.

As they say in Texas,yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Good grit and determination shown by SD and the board here.

It would have been easy to have pleaded poverty, wrung their hands, and accepted the slow slide down to League Two.

Instead, they're going to give it a real go.

And full marks to LDV too, for being realistic about the level at which he will be punching for the next eigh**** months, secure in the knowledge that the club will not stand in his way if he shows real form.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    Our attacking options are excellent now with Cooper, Inmann, Uche, Ajose and now LDV.

Can see the likes of Billy and Callum possibly going out on loan now possibly.

I honestly believe with all those attacking options available, if we had Sam Winnall on our books, even he would struggle to make the team - even the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    Uche, LDV, Ajose, Cooper - nice.
    Told you he would sign ;-)[/quote]

Notice with a few mentioning Uche, LDV, Ajose, Cooper, Inman, and Saunders where do you think Haber comes in the pecking order now?

I may be in a minority, but I'd have Haber on the bench if a straight swop for Ikpeazu is needed. Cooper I'd have ready for Ajose; Inman for LDV; Saunders I'd send out on a short loan. Saunders has potential, but at the moment he seems to struggle physically in terms of holding the ball and riding tackles.

As I write this I am glowing in confidence. :-D Then again, I don't have to prove myself against some hulking brute of a Div 1 veteran!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    I may be in a minority, but I'd have Haber on the bench if a straight swop for Ikpeazu is needed. Cooper I'd have ready for Ajose; Inman for LDV; Saunders I'd send out on a short loan. Saunders has potential, but at the moment he seems to struggle physically in terms of holding the ball and riding tackles.

As I write this I am glowing in confidence. :-D Then again, I don't have to prove myself against some hulking brute of a Div 1 veteran!
    Great news and shows we need experience as well as youth! Pretty obvious really! Told you folks, its hard to be out in front and being shot in the ars...

You are right AL in that some of of the lads need to go out on loan as they used to be and they will learn a lot with more physical contact alongside some seasoned Pros as well. The only downside is getting kicked to death.

It really is no good for them just playing against other kids the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Our attacking options are excellent now with Cooper, Inmann, Uche, Ajose and now LDV.

Can see the likes of Billy and Callum possibly going out on loan now possibly.

I honestly believe with all those attacking options available, if we had Sam Winnall on our books, even he would struggle to make the team - even the bench![/quote]

I really think that you must have had an almighty row with this Winnall fellow in the past, Somerset.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB

Great news and shows we need experience as well as youth! Pretty obvious really! Told you folks, its hard to be out in front and being shot in the ars...

You are right AL in that some of of the lads need to go out on loan as they used to be and they will learn a lot with more physical contact alongside some seasoned Pros as well. The only downside is getting kicked to death.

It really is no good for them just playing against other kids the

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast