+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nick Powell

re: Nick Powell

Powell has made the bench today at Villa Park. Maybe Westy will have a word and point him in the right direction

In all fairness, if Leicester lose today, Pearson will likely be out of the job. I can imagine that Utd may wait to see how it pans out with a new gaffer in charge, before making a decision on Nick's future.

Leicester has been a disastrous loan spell but there is no way on earth that Utd will send him over to us (as much as I would love that to happen). League One is well below the level that they need him to be playing at. He will probably go to a Championship club and Bolton - particularly with Lennon now there - wouldn't be a bad shout at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    Powell has made the bench today at Villa Park. Maybe Westy will have a word and point him in the right direction
    Unfortunately Westy has just been taken off on a stretcher.

Nick is a good guy, probably not worth listening to other forums - sounds like Leicester fans are papering over the cracks for their own manager/team ineptitude. He'll hopefully get a chance when Pearson is added to 'another one bites the dust'.

Quote Originally Posted by Railwayman_Alex
    There was also an allegation on the Leicester forum that he left Wigan under a cloud due to not attending an award ceremony where he was due to receive the Young Player of the Year award...
    Clearly rubbish tho, because a quick Google turns up this picture of him at the Wigan end of season dinner. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by fatfakir
    Clearly rubbish tho, because a quick Google turns up this picture of him at the Wigan end of season dinner.

I notice the Wigan fans' comments below it don't do him any favours!
    Ok, only two but I wonder how many more saw him that way?
    Yes, he loves to take people on, he loves to shoot but was he selfish?
    Even I'm beginning to wonder if what we saw was just because it was in L2 and not higher.
    Saying that, I saw a small sample of some of his Wigan games and he looked ok to me.

I really hope he does fulfill his undoubted potential in the end. I just fear he's not in the right place to do it at the moment.

I don't think Westy is as talented but as we know, they are totally different players, and Westy has found his niche, and found it well. When Murph was first touted for a move to Villa, I thought that would be a great move for him. If Nick had gone there too, (ok, I know, he left first), I genuinely think Villa would be a much

I agree with Somerset's comments ref. Westy, Murph and Powell at Villa: they'd bamboozle so much opposition with their synergy. And wouldn't that have been a great 'second team' to visit when the Alex were away and inaccessible? :-D

The overall impression in the village club yesterday was: 'Get us a pint in - it's your round.' There were some calls for Nick to be brought on, but that was possibly as a sop to me. What was apparent was the number of glory hunters Leicester have. Glued to the big screens (as opposed to plastic seats at the ground) these fans had the answer for everything. The day managed two things: 1. I'd rather have the occasional vitriol on this MAD site, at least it's considered and mostly by true Alex fans; and 2. I married well ... I got a lift back from the club after a few pints. :-D

You're to be congratulated, AlexL.

Clearly you will leave no tern unstoned when it comes to being our man in the East Midlands. And at considerable cost to your wallet.

A pity that we lost a tempo on young Che from Alfreton, but it would probably never have happened for us anyway, and it was not down to you.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    You're to be congratulated, AlexL.

Clearly you will leave no tern unstoned when it comes to being our man in the East Midlands. And at considerable cost to your wallet.

A pity that we lost a tempo on young Che from Alfreton, but it would probably never have happened for us anyway, and it was not down to you.
    Thank you VdeP.
    I'm afraid we have to blame Fever_Tox for us losing out on Che when he was at Ilkeston (his Alex-supporting daughter was parachuted in, but the Blades had already cut him free). :-D
    BTW it's John Johnston who has gone to Alfreton in the Conference. I'll go and have a scout round one day when we are not at home.

That's really gallant of you, AL, to go out in search of pints of beer to find out about the welfare of one of our ex-players. I and a fellow Crewe supporter will be out in Nantwich this evening on a similar mission. The beer is a mere secondary issue, of course.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast