+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ****starting 11 v S****horpe****

****starting 11 v S****horpe****

Well with lots of tough games over Christmas I see this game as a must win, can't see us getting alot against bristol. And even though we have an excellent record against preston it will still be tough. However, with our team looking a lot stronger now we could be higher mid table by January!
    My team would be

4-3-2-1

-----------Garrat-----------
    Ballie-Tate-Davis-Leigh
    ---Ness-Grant-Nolan---
    --LDV---------------Ajose
    -----------Uche------------

Personally I would like Tate back in the squad as well as Nolan, one of the players who helped keep us up to me. I would drop Turton because of his recent performances and why not throw LDV straight in, I know he will get tired due to not playing but there's always subs! Considering he has scored 7 in 11 for us in all comps.

re: ****starting 11 v S****horpe****

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancrewefan4ever
    Well with lots of tough games over Christmas I see this game as a must win, can't see us getting alot against bristol. And even though we have an excellent record against preston it will still be tough. However, with our team looking a lot stronger now we could be higher mid table by January!
    My team would be

4-3-2-1

-----------Garrat-----------
    Ballie-Tate-Davis-Leigh
    ---Ness-Grant-Nolan---
    --LDV---------------Ajose
    -----------Uche------------

Personally I would like Tate back in the squad as well as Nolan, one of the players who helped keep us up to me. I would drop Turton because of his recent performances and why not throw LDV straight in, I know he will get tired due to not playing but there's always subs! Considering he has scored 7 in 11 for us in all comps.
    If you could guarantee that Ness will play to the potential that he displayed against Doncaster, then I too would include him in that line up. I think tha

Why change a winning side would be my first question. The 5-3-2 formation has made us much harder to beat (with the exception of the blip at Orient) and I think SD deserves credit for sorting out the defence then adding a goal threat - no good scoring if we concede 2 at the other end every match!

I would want Nolan on the bench in case either Ollie or Ness aren't doing it . . or if Grant looks as though he is having one of his more, shall we say, combative days!! LDV has to be in the squad and, probably, Tate for Guthrie on the bench.

5-3-2
    Garratt
    Tootle Tate Davis Duggy Leigh
    Ness Grant Turton
    Uche LDV

3 tough decisions here for me - Tootle/Baillie, Tate/Ray and LDV/Ajose.
    Just think Tootle's experience would be useful over a tough christmas period, and I think he completely has what it takes to turn his form around. However it's worth saying Baillie has performed well considering he's been thrown in the deep end.
    I think Ray can be perhaps our best defender on his day, but he also has a mistake in him, again not something I think we can afford, especially against S****horpe.
    Finally LDV/Ajose is basically 50/50 for me - just went for LDV to start because of his work rate, and I think Ajose's movement and pace against a tiring defence could be very effective.

This is just my opinion of course - I'd be surprised if Baillie and Ray don't line up against S****horpe as Davis has stuck to them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    Why change a winning side would be my first question. The 5-3-2 formation has made us much harder to beat (with the exception of the blip at Orient) and I think SD deserves credit for sorting out the defence then adding a goal threat - no good scoring if we concede 2 at the other end every match!

I would want Nolan on the bench in case either Ollie or Ness aren't doing it . . or if Grant looks as though he is having one of his more, shall we say, combative days!! LDV has to be in the squad and, probably, Tate for Guthrie on the bench.
    Not a winning team, actually, but a drawing one. A team that played very well for the majority of the first half against Donny and did score its first goal in over 5 hours of football. That second half display needs to be addressed, as it could have all gone wrong had the opposition had have had their scoring boots on.

Having said that, I do believe that there were encouraging signs during th

I don't see LDV going straight into the starting line up will probably be on the bench to begin with. I think the same team that started against Doncaster will start this game with the only question mark being Baillie/ Tootle. Personally I'd go with Baillie, but I don't have a problem with Tootle if he can improve his form.

It is for sure A Must Win Game No more Excuses,the team have let to many clubs around them walk off with the points,its time the Players put in 93min of hard slog,that means starting off in the 1st min until the 93rd,not turning up for One half and going AWOL in the other. Or is it asking to much I mean they may get tired!!

It is a game that we can win, but as long as we don't lose we will stay in touch with those above us. The strikers we have signed will improve us but they are not miracle workers. They need a game or two to bed in although from the training and practice point of view the week off won't have done us any harm. I think that rather than make statements of that nature, it is better to recognise the bigger picture and there is over half a season to go to negotiate a path to mid table obscurity. Regardless of Saturday's result, the club is moving the team forward and that can only be a good thing.

BG
    GR AD HD (or Tate or Stewart)
    MT AG JN Leigh
    LDV Uche Ajose

The key to the next few games lies in the midfield. we could have Messi, Ronaldo and Aguerro up front but if nobody gives them the ball, then it is unlikely they would score. Tactics are also important - we now have the potential for a very good counter-attacking line-up with the pace and movement of both Ajose and LDV. However, I worry that SD is going to stick to the same kind of formation and the same tactics. i.e. seeing ajose and LDV as playing for the same position -this would be a mistake and a waste of resources. The other factor is the very slow build up and the fact that no-one in midfield ever breaks sweat going forward -hence why we don't score many - we don't have enough people going forward.
    So i would go 4-3-3/4-3-2-1

Tootle; Tate; Davis; Leigh
    Turton (or Nolan); Grant; Ness
    LDV Ajose
    Uche

The midfield is really tricky: it relies heavily on Ness fulfilling potential and using his passing to send Ajose/LDV away. If he cannot manage this, we have a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast