+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ashley Westwood

Ashley Westwood

They were full of praise for him last night on MOTD 2 gushing about his intricate passing and skill and then guess what? he gets a crunching tackle from behind from a Leicester player and then it looks like he will be out for a while, just as I was getting excited about him getting an England call up soon!

re: Ashley Westwood

I was driving listening to 5Live. He was having a good game. Great shame. I hope he'll not be out too long.

Incidentally, in a break in Sunday's game the commentator and Beglin, the ex-Liverpool player who was summarising, were bemoaning the poor attendance for what was a "local" derby and reference was made to great games of the past played to full houses. One game in particular was recalled by Beglin: Man United v Arsenal when Ryan Giggs scored an all-important goal in a FA Cup semi-final. About 8 months later a Giggs' red shirt was up for auction down in the SW, said to be the one he'd worn when playing against Arsenal on the Villa ground and scoring. The shirt went for £8,000. The only trouble was: MU played in an all-white strip on that occasion.

Westwood will miss three to four weeks with medial knee ligament damage.

Always like to watch Villa because of Westwood and the fact that my grandsons are junior members there.
    He was having a great game until the injury and it was apparent how his influence was missed when they reshuffled the lineup - head and shoulders above the others.
    Pity we didn't see him play against Nick which would have been interesting - but Nick is another story as we all know.