+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rangers match tickets

Rangers match tickets

Having been in Glasgow yesterday and unable to get to Palmerston to buy tickets I though I would go along today to get them. As I work I did not get there until 4.40 only to find the office closed. Ah I thought I'll get them in the arena. Fat chance! Was told office is usually closed by 4.30 and that no tickets could be bought at the arena. Oh well I have a half day on Wednesday I will get them then. No, the office is closed on Wednesdays! Do the club want to sell tickets? Do they want Queens fans to be at the game? Why can't tickets be sold in the arena? I know that I can buy them by phone or online but why should I pay an extra £6.50?

Come on Queens. Consider your own fans and make better arrangements for selling tickets. The club is so professional nowadays in most respects. Get this sorted out.

re: Rangers match tickets

You make a valid point . Can't understand why it would be closed on a Wednesday especially when we've a big game only 48 hours later .

I'm sure some fans couldn't really care less but I'd like to know why the office is closed midweek . Surely it can't be a cost cutting exercise what with the extra revenue the club is making from the Queens Arena

Making match day tickets available in the Arena sounds like a great idea to me . Didn't the club recently employ 2 extra staff members because on the Arenas success ...?

Come on Billy , sort things out Sir !!!!!

I've honestly no idea why a fulltime football club would want to close it's office midweek . It's a bizarre situation

The simple solution is to ask the club to consider making better use of the Arena for selling tickets.

It doesn't really matter whether an office is open or not, as long as fans have somewhere to purchase tickets for matches.

Rather than criticising the club, let us politely request that the Arena be used for the occasional purchase of tickets. After all, the cafe proprietors will probably cash in on a coffee sale at the same time, meaning a win/win situation all round.

So those in favour of a polite request to the club requesting that the Arena be used for ticket sales sign here...

The game won't be anywhere near a sellout but some fans will want to buy in advance to either get a stand ticket or save themselves queuing on the night .

The tickets should be more readily available . The Rangers fans had theirs well over a week before the home fans

Lithgow speaks out over on the P&B site -

don't really see anything there needing addressed, quickly or otherwise. The club is far from unique in not having it's admin office open from 9-5pm daily and it's hardly a "PR disaster" because one person has been unable or unwilling to purchase a ticket in advance of the game by any of the potential methods and apparently doesn't know anyone else who would pop in for him on another day either.
    The club office is now open longer each day than it has been since early 2012. Opening hours have been extended and whilst it is "officially" closed on Wednesdays, it is usually open for at least part of the day and the Chairman and Commercial team will deal with callers there when they are present. Whilst it is not officially open tomorrow there will probably be someone there for a fair part of the day anyway.
    Tickets for the Rangers game were on sale online for over a week. They were on sale in person at Palmerston on Sunday all afternoon (we op

L[quote="nunez"]Lithgow speaks out over on the P&B site -

don't really see anything there needing addressed, quickly or otherwise. The club is far from unique in not having it's admin office open from 9-5pm daily and it's hardly a "PR disaster" because one person has been unable or unwilling to purchase a ticket in advance of the game by any of the potential methods and apparently doesn't know anyone else who would pop in for him on another day either.
    The club office is now open longer each day than it has been since early 2012. Opening hours have been extended and whilst it is "officially" closed on Wednesdays, it is usually open for at least part of the day and the Chairman and Commercial team will deal with callers there when they are present. Whilst it is not officially open tomorrow there will probably be someone there for a fair part of the day anyway.
    Tickets for the Rangers game were on sale online for over a week. They were on sale in person

Admin, I trust that comment is not directed at me?

I agree an excellent point of view aired by Ewan Lithgow, and he has legitimately pointed out the reasons why it is not practical for the Arena staff to be dealing with the rather complicated matter of assigning seats etc.

Alas, as always there could have been a very reasonable compromise which I shall propose:

The Arena staff could not possibly be expected to assign seats and ensure that season ticket holders were not compromised, therefore they would not be tasked with such a volatile situation.

However, there is absolutely no difficulty in the Arena staff having a batch of ground tickets for sale. Anyone enquiring about a seat would simply be advised to contact the office.

I would have thought that having ground tickets for sale at the Arena would have been considered a bonus by the Arena staff due to the potential for extra sales of coffee etc.

Many will entirely disagree and they are entitled to that opinion but let'

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)