+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watford FC

Watford FC

Facing a winding up petition in the London High Court on 15th December

Just done a company search and they ain't worth a light...

Got £395 in the bank and owe £1.6 million

Who will be next...?

re: Watford FC

I reckon you will find that represents riches compared to some clubs!! QPR spring instantly to mind!

As they are owned by one of these multi-club enterprises and include Udinese and Granada amongst their other clubs I suspect the money will be found. Unlike poor old Hereford who were suspended from all football today by the FA due to their financial woes - very sad as they are not a club who seemed to spend a small fortune to achieve success.

It's a tough business in the lower leagues, that's for sure

I see Sir Elton John is attending for the first time in four years this weekend against Wigan as they're naming a stand after him.

I suspect sufficient debts will be cleared to avoid them being wound up.

Quote Originally Posted by cesspitt
    Facing a winding up petition in the London High Court on 15th December

Just done a company search and they ain't worth a light...

Got £395 in the bank and owe £1.6 million

Who will be next...?
    Maybe we should offer £400,000 for Uche,a bargain to get them out of the mire.

I must admit my sympathies are with Hereford United. We all know full well Watford's debt will be found one way or another. But Hereford look to be in real trouble. They never recovered after Graham Taylor left them for Shrewsbury and nobody else came in. I think at one time they were owned by a local shopkeeper.
    My best memory of seeing The Alex at Hereford was when me and a college friend got to see the match from the bar that had windows out onto the pitch at a very low level. We had a great laugh with a number of locals who had grabbed our arms to stop us leaving when the bar staff told us the bar was closing, for all of about half an hour, people who didn't know what happened left, but the old boys who stopped us leaving knew the score. Great memories

Quote Originally Posted by CrewieFlyboy
    I must admit my sympathies are with Hereford United. We all know full well Watford's debt will be found one way or another. But Hereford look to be in real trouble. They never recovered after Graham Taylor left them for Shrewsbury and nobody else came in. I think at one time they were owned by a local shopkeeper.
    My best memory of seeing The Alex at Hereford was when me and a college friend got to see the match from the bar that had windows out onto the pitch at a very low level. We had a great laugh with a number of locals who had grabbed our arms to stop us leaving when the bar staff told us the bar was closing, for all of about half an hour, people who didn't know what happened left, but the old boys who stopped us leaving knew the score. Great memories
    Best memory for me was way back in the early 80's, when Peter Coyne scored 4 against them at Gresty Road. He picked up a TV for his exploits that evening.

That's just our former parent company, nothing to do with us anymore thankfully! The Pozzos have straightened us out and have just paid for a new stand in full. Hoping Uche keeps improving with you guys and will be celebrating in front of it in a Watford shirt soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet
    That's just our former parent company, nothing to do with us anymore thankfully! The Pozzos have straightened us out and have just paid for a new stand in full. Hoping Uche keeps improving with you guys and will be celebrating in front of it in a Watford shirt soon!
    Pleased for you; nobody likes to see a community club go under. If you could have a word with the Pozzos so we could extend Uche's loan until the end of the season that would be much appreciated!!