+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley Match Thread

Burnley Match Thread

Thought I will try again. On the coach traveling up hoping for a good result and performance. Could be very tough as they play some good football.COYS

re: Burnley Match Thread

Could be a bit of a banana skin this one. Burnley have been an improved side over the last two or three gamey whilst Saints have gone slightly the other way.
    Burnley have a couple of bright forwards capable of scoring so Saints will have to pay attention at the back and hope their own forwards can return to form. Good Luck.

Tough game, thats for sure, but one i would expect us to win. Burnley are a well run club and are improving as they get to grips with life in the top flight.
    Ron has given Jake Hesketh his full debut, which pleases me no end as i was getting concerned that the academy players were being overlooked a little at the moment.
    Toby's back, with the Jap Danny Fox dropped to the bench.
    We look strong and with Burnley having some tough fixtures ahead of them, they will be desperate to get some points here so i think our strengh in midfield will give us the edge.

COYS

Tough on Hesketh but looked OK for the spell he was on. JWP back is a real bonus.

0-0 but could easily have been goals - we finished the first half the better (imo) so hope for more to follow. COYS.

Good luck to those there - the weather looks awful.

As 0-0 games go this one is really lively. Missed our penalty, well actually a good save. Didn't realise that was our first pen all season.