+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Young team

re: Young team

young team done great on friday reminded me of the good old days when the fans were bouncing about and surging forwards ,palmy had been getting stale for a few years with the odd chant here and there ,but nowadays its from start to finish ,my daughter goes with me to palmy i tell her to stand either at the back wall or down at the barriers while i get bouncing with the lads and its not just young team in there ,theres quite a few over 40s with them also ,just a pity we couldnt get the whole terrace erupting on matchdays .

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy9
    I Sent someone in front of me flying as well when the first goal went in, pretty normal on a busy terrace. Leave the young lads alone, they've been turning out at away grounds like Kirkcaldy where our away support is small which makes them better fans than a lot of those who criticise them. If I wasn't twenty years older than them I'd be in the middle with them. Go on Twitter and see the comments by the players every week about the support.
    I do go to every home and away game and have done so since long before the relatively new "Young Team" came along. I don't think anyone, and certainly not me, is trying to discourage them from giving the team the tremendous support that they do, but sometimes it goes a bit OTT, letting off flares, foul and abusive singing, etc. and if something does go wrong it will probably be the Club that will pay the penalty. I agree that some football grounds, including Palmy, can be short of atmosphere a

Just beat the Rangers and folk still have the cheek to moan!

Thought the Young Team were utterly brilliant on Friday night and loved the unique atmosphere that only Palmerston Park can create.

It is impossible to legislate for exuberance and would urge all parents to ensure that they have their child under control. What is wrong with our country today is that someone or something is to blame for our own inadequacies. You only have to walk along any pavement and most parents walk with their toddler next to the traffic instead of protecting them between themselves and the road!

As mentioned, it is the parents responsibility to ensure that their child is protected.

One thing I would ask the young team to sort out though is their occasional use of inflammatory and bigoted remarks. There was no need for that on Friday night.

So lads, keep up the good work, but don't stoop to using language or terminology which most people find abhorrent.

When that second clinching goal went in I saw some Doonhamer fans who are 40 or 50 years older than the young team in their excitement fall on top of their fellow supporters sitting in front of them in the main stand

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyman
    When that second clinching goal went in I saw some Doonhamer fans who are 40 or 50 years older than the young team in their excitement fall on top of their fellow supporters sitting in front of them in the main stand
    your right I still see the chairman and ex chairmen of the travel club some must be about sixty do a sprint at every goal not just Friday night keeps the ticker going!!

Queens need the young team. Palmerston would be a terriblly boring place without the energ and amptmosphere they create. A huge part of gong to the Foootball is for the experiance and the aptmosphere you just dont get watching on the tv. I appreciate that being around such a hyped up and overly enthusiastic group with a young child may not be the best experiance but there is plenty of space in the terracing that you dont need to feel endangeredand an im sure a slight move would not subtract from your enjoyment. The young team are the heart and soul during the game and there SUPPORT of our team must be a boost. Palmerston would be a worse place without them.

Think the young team are doing a great job,Queen of the South fans have a great reputation but i see that being damaged with the setting of of flares.
    keep up the good work young team but please leave the flares at home.

Being pedantic they were not "flares" being let off on Friday night but actually smokebombs.And correct,there's no place for them at Palmerston nor indeed anywhere else.Remember the song young boys "We are respected"
    Don't ruin it with those daft things but continue to BRING THE NOISE! (Another song by the way)

please get over it,only young zealous fans and good on them,think some of the posters have been wrapped in cotton wool all their days (jardi)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)