+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost all faith in Davis

re: Lost all faith in Davis

Can't defend! Why? And did anyone see Vadaine's cracker for Mansfield yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancrewefan4ever
    Ogeralex is about right in my opinion. I was at the match today and apart from a good twenty minutes or so in the second half we were second best in most departments, and that to a poor team with only two previous league victories at home all season and only three points better off at start of play.
    His actual signings have been poor. Haber not appearing interested most of the time, Atkinson not good enough to string two appearances together, and Oliver shoved out on loan.
    I have no criticism of his honesty and commitment to the club but if we are going to make any efforts to avoid relegation it must be time for the board to act now and give someone else the opportunity to instil some commitment and belief into the players presently on the books. However any new manager performed we could not be any worse off than we are at the present.
    I think his singings have been good, to get C

I think the current team needs to be given time to settle. With Uche and Ajose up front, we are having to adapt to how they play and the midfield are getting used to their movement and positioning. Before they arrived, we tended to play one central striker and two wider attackers now we play two up top so the midfielders have a different way of playing.
    My biggest problem is getting those 3 midfielders working together as they don't do it well enough at all. For the first goal yesterday, Turton went wide and didn't win the ball, this left a hole inside where they went through to score. We need to sort out how we want them to play - is it two holding and one attacking or one holding and two pressing?

We are now nine points from safety with an inferior goal difference and to get out of the relegation spots we need four wins while the others fail to pick up points.
    Added to that the holiday programme looks very bleak based on this season to date.
    If that is good enough for supporters let Davis stay, but it is not good enough for me by a long way and I have the right ta call for his dismissal

Quote Originally Posted by all
    If that is good enough for supporters let Davis stay, but it is not good enough for me by a long way and I have the right ta call for his dismissal
    I accept that you are entitled to your opinion. As other have said, it's ok to call for SD's head but you must have to back it up with an alternative.
    Who would come in and make such a big difference? Money isn't there to make big changes to the squad so only a little tinkering with loan players could be done. Maybe the backroom structure isn't right but the Board wouldn't sanction a cull of the existing people so that the new manager could bring his own team in.

"Football is a results business"!

Per Mr John Bowler...The invisible man!

Quote Originally Posted by all
    We are now nine points from safety with an inferior goal difference and to get out of the relegation spots we need four wins while the others fail to pick up points.
    Added to that the holiday programme looks very bleak based on this season to date.
    Not quite as bleak as you point out, All. We are actually 6 points adrift of safety, although this does equate to 7, as our goal difference is so inferior, that there is no way we can correct that now.

I agree that it is looking bad at this stage, although glancing back to one year ago, the Alex were bottom of L1 on Boxing Day, following a defeat at Wolves. Therefore, I am still living in hope that the lads can pull things around, although things will have to improve pretty rapidly if we are to get out of the mire and not fall too far behind

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancrewefan4ever
    The reality I base my thoughts on is being bottom of the league and pretty much playing crap for the past 2 years. Since we lifted the paint pot cup it's been dismal on the whole. Just seems to be the same old stuff about things not going for us etc etc. I've backed him a number of times in the past. I've had enough now. Just my opinion.
    So our first season in league 1 was crap was it? 13th if I remember? Thought that was a good season imo[/quote]

The first season in L1 was largely a good one, although results / performances did tail off following our JPT victory. So the previous poster was correct with his synopsis. It all seemed to go wrong when we played Preston on Easter Monday. That game ended with an Alex victory, although the unfortunate injury to leading scorer, Pogba, took its toll in the remaining league games. That coupled with an injury to star player, Luke Mur

I really dislike playing 3 center halves and a holding midfield player. Basically 4 players dont cross the half way line except for free kicks and corners. Our midfield is the weakest for years with Turton a right back out of position and Ness far too slow.
    I also criticise the management for hopeless throw ins, see S****horpe's 1st goal, and dreadful free kicks from the half way line where a center half thumps the ball in the general direction of their penalty area. Some intelligence would be appreciated.

think we have a lot of problems

3 - 4 - 3

so we have 7 at least defending yet we cant keep ball out of the net

we havnt been any good with throw in since donaldson stop taking long throws

colclough injured or is it an excuse till court things are out of the way

tootle - how can you be ill for so long - has he or SD spat his dummy out

players get deeper last 10 minutes of games because there not fit

why sign Tate if your not playing him - but good enough for bench - surely we got him to link up the back 3 or 4

directors dont care - league 1 or 2 all the same to them they will just sell another prospect to cover losses

if we go down it wont be easy - look at Tranmere

atkinson - molly - audel - not up to it

oliver keep him - he will come again

haber havnt a clue whats wrong there - ask him how he wants to play and set team up that way maybe

did anyone hear Strachan on young kids other day - spot on

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast