+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost all faith in Davis

re: Lost all faith in Davis

Quote Originally Posted by steelydon
    I really dislike playing 3 center halves and a holding midfield player. Basically 4 players dont cross the half way line except for free kicks and corners. Our midfield is the weakest for years with Turton a right back out of position and Ness far too slow.
    I also criticise the management for hopeless throw ins, see S****horpe's 1st goal, and dreadful free kicks from the half way line where a center half thumps the ball in the general direction of their penalty area. Some intelligence would be appreciated.
    Please don't tell me about 'coaching' as they haven't a clue.

Even when I played amateur local league, we used to have a plan where I was just onside when the free kick was played and then a split second later moved into a wider position that gave a better goal scoring chance.

As I said, you need to have played the game to do such things.

Ten years of coaching and still throw ins are useless. Do they practice such thi

Without reverting to yet ANOTHER discussion about the merits of coaching (nice try Mike) SD cannot be supported without criticism, although many of the things that can seem poor have been going on at the Alex since Dario managed the side in his pomp and we were in what is now the Championship, specifically:

- poor at throw ins with no movement;
    - nobody left up at corners;
    - substitutions left until it's too late.

SD has occasionally (very occasionally) left players up at corners and was even seen to make a half time substitution this season, but generally he seems to follow the teachings of the Master - makes him sound like the Karate Kid!!

I don't really see much point in changing manager until the 3 strikers have had a chance, but certainly would never say never. With money being tight the club would have to attract a manager from within the club, from outside the Football League or sacked manager between jobs. Our last managers other than Dario fit ne of those bills; 2 we

I used to play wing half as it was called in those days.

And you may not believe me but I used to love going to practice after work on my own many times and used to practice throw ins and measure how far I could throw the ball and the next time try and throw it further and then further still etc etc. Its not rocket science is it? How many times do you see a proper movement of the spine and upper body to be able to throw it further? How many times do you see a run up and throw to generate more distance?

No, I never did get to read any coaching manual!

I tend to think it was probably Dario's idea that young kids should not be using body leverage in case they injured themselves.

I can’t say I am Steve Davis’ biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I wouldn’t openly call for his head just now. For me it was the way he openly pushed his forward for the Burnley and Wolves jobs when they were vacant. Now don’t get me wrong I’m all for ambition, but the way Steve went about it left a bitter taste with me that won’t go away any time soon. Added to that the current league position and run of results as far as I’m concerned there’s not a lot going in Steve’s favor as to why he should keep his job

As for this argument that The Alex wouldn’t be able to get anybody to come in, what a load of male bovine feces, has anybody seen the list of managers on the League Mangers web site looking for jobs? Also putting that argument is the same one as my good lady saying that I need to keep the receipt from her Christmas present before she’s even seen what I’ve bought her, let’s see who applies first.

For me I think there should be some clear targets Steve needs

This is one of my pet hates about modern football - fans unrealistic expectations.

We have just lost a game which we nigh on dominated yet fans decide now is a good time to bring this subject up.

Had we been awarded the penalty we should have, we most probably would have won so Davis is the wrong target.

Quote Originally Posted by alexbarmy
    This is one of my pet hates about modern football - fans unrealistic expectations.

We have just lost a game which we nigh on dominated yet fans decide now is a good time to bring this subject up.

Had we been awarded the penalty we should have, we most probably would have won so Davis is the wrong target.
    No no, you have this all wrong mate..

We signed nobody at the start of the season..

We have a weaker squad than last time..

We have many young untested players..

We are bottom of the league..

Just what we expected!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    I used to play wing half as it was called in those days.

And you may not believe me but I used to love going to practice after work on my own many times and used to practice throw ins and measure how far I could throw the ball and the next time try and throw it further and then further still etc etc. Its not rocket science is it? How many times do you see a proper movement of the spine and upper body to be able to throw it further? How many times do you see a run up and throw to generate more distance?

No, I never did get to read any coaching manual!

I tend to think it was probably Dario's idea that young kids should not be using body leverage in case they injured themselves.

But we're not talking about athletics Mike; this is football. It doesn't matter how far up the line you can throw the ball, if there isn't anyone who can hold it up. Hulse and Ashton have been our best players for that, offering an alternative to t

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB

No no, you have this all wrong mate..

We signed nobody at the start of the season..

We have a weaker squad than last time..

We have many young untested players..

We are bottom of the league..

Just what we expected!!

[/quote]

But this thread was created now, not in the summer.

With the signings we have now made, now is not the time to sack SD - we have a better squad now than last season with the loan arrivals coming in (Chuks aside).

If we had been played off the park by Scunny then this may be reasonable, but that is not the case.

Goal 1.

Can anyone tell me, with 3 centre halves on the field, what Ray was doing and why he was so far away? They had two central run-ins and Ness was tracking, goal then Ray arrives (half-heartedly I might add).

Goal 2.

Ray pointing??? Duggy in an odd body shape and can't move feet, Harry beaten too easily.

Seems the 3 CHs can't play with 3 CHs...let's play 4 CHs

Ray pointing to something on his right instead of doing his own job, his man had time and space to turn and pass the ball deep into our penalty area.

We continue to leak pathetic goals. We have two loan centre backs who can't get in the worst defence in the league.

What is the point in Tate being here if he's not going to play?

We have 6 loan players but can only play 5.

We're expected to believe that one of our players has been incapacitated for 7 weeks with flu.

We have another young player who has n't played for over a year with hernia/hip problems yet appears to do whatever he likes socially in his own time.

I must be living in a parallel universe because all this is apparently perfectly acceptable even before we get to the performances on the pitch.

The fans are being treated very shabbily in not being afforded an explanation for at least some of these issues.

If Ray plays on Saturday and Tate does n't there's something seriously wrong with the thinking.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast