+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost all faith in Davis

Lost all faith in Davis

Just cannot give the guy the benefit of doubt anymore. He's been allowed to bring in decent loans and LDV signed up. To not beat S****horpe is simply not good enough. Lost all faith in the guy. Davis out.

re: Lost all faith in Davis

I take it we lost then?

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex
    Just cannot give the guy the benefit of doubt anymore. He's been allowed to bring in decent loans and LDV signed up. To not beat S****horpe is simply not good enough. Lost all faith in the guy. Davis out.
    Looked pretty even judging by the stats regarding possession, but obviously they created by far the more chances (20 shots to the Alex's 9). Equal on corners at 6 each.

We have sunk back a mile following this defeat and the Yeovil demolition of Oldham (4-0 victory away... football is a crazy old game), leaving us a massive 6 points adrift of safety.

That is a bad result, but can we really blame the manager? I don't think we can. We were all singing his praises after he brought in those 3 strikers. Now one defeat and it is curtains. He has done his best and loans are as he explains a massive gamble. I will give an opinion in the New Year, following the tough tasks ahead. And indeed, they are all toughies over the festive

Unbelieveable!!! What sort of reality have you based your thoughts on OgerAlex?
    How is it SD's fault that Uche dithered on a couple of chances and Ajose's free-kick hit the woodwork? By the bit i've seen, we had a very good spell but didn't get the break we needed then they did for their winner.
    It's the way things are going for the players (not the manager) on the pitch at the moment with loose balls dropping for the opposition and not us. We certainly had more attacking threat in the last two games than we had, just need to get that break.

The reality I base my thoughts on is being bottom of the league and pretty much playing crap for the past 2 years. Since we lifted the paint pot cup it's been dismal on the whole. Just seems to be the same old stuff about things not going for us etc etc. I've backed him a number of times in the past. I've had enough now. Just my opinion.

I wasn't going to comment on this tosh but feel I need to defend the manager here. We haven't had much luck in the last couple of matches and the manager is the one who gets the credit for bring these players in on loan and both have scored for us so not a lot wrong there in my view. Davis out to be replaced by who? We need t support the team and not be looking for a scapegoat every time we lose a match. Yes it is disappointing to lose ground on fellow strugglers but the season is not half way through yet so I think there is plenty of time.

AM
    Why can't we lay some of the blame on SD? Went with a defensive formation again...after signing attacking players. No substutions until a reaction to the 2nd goal. His after match comments will say we were unfortunate and should have got something and that maybe true after listening to the match but we didn't and this was a WIN match.
    I don't have solution and I don't think he does anymore!! The time has come for fresh eyes and fresh ideas otherwise we'll be in league 2 saying we're unfortunate...
    We have a good crop of young players coming through, they need good support and good management.

And who do you have in mind? Davis is as good a manager as we are likely to get here, and continuity is the Crewe way, so the eyes may be fresh but they will see the same way. If we get relegated it will not be a disaster but as I have already said on this thread, there is a long way to go. No such thing as a must win game in December!!

But theres a problem somewhere,we loan players,we buy players,but still not good enough.How long do we go with the same excuses ,things not goin for us,balls not falling for us,not getting decisions.We get so called better players in and still the same results not goin for us ,again not a difficult team in S****horpe but,nil points.Where is the problem it cant be the team ,different players same results is it coaching,tactics,Ihavent a clue but neither it seems does the staff.Players on bench or not included who were brought in to improve things.Davis junior back,not looking like this season is anything but failure.Things have gone downhill for sometime now and it does seem to improve whatever the management tries .Whats the answer well I havent a clue,but then if I did Id be a manager.

How long do we keep saying plenty of time left,been saying that for a while time running out half season virtually gone still bottom,still losing,nothing looking like improving either.Im not one for sacking after few bad results but lets be honest this has gone on for quite a long time.How long does the club perservere with Davis.Id love him to succeed but Id also like the team to also .

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast