+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The worst Pompey player of all time.

re: The worst Pompey player of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by pompeygun
    Jones has been decent overall surely?
    As for worst Maitland Pollock for me.
    Spot on makes Chorly look like Messi.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead
    I've said it afore but I'll say it again.

Dennis Edwards. Inside Forward. 1965–1968. 14 goals in 71 games but that is not the whole story.
    Rubbish...Dennis was a legend (no space between the "g" and the "e" before you start !!)[/quote]

Record for the season 66/67 - Played 22 Goals 2. It's the stuff leg ends are made of.

And that miss against Charlton... [/quote]

That miss was against Northampton , he scored one of the best goals ever seen at Fratton in the same game . Flicked the ball over his shoulder and turned and volleyed in from the corner flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey_Gezz
    Flicked the ball over his shoulder and turned and volleyed in from the corner flag.
    Were you on magic mushrooms Gezz? That was Duncan Edwards not our Den.

The miss I meant (and there were many) was 3 yds out with an empty goal in front of the Fratton End when he blazed over.

Anyway you are right - he did have his moments so I shall leave him alone as this is turning into a witch hunt.

I saw the miss I was directly behind the goal, the ball knocked the hands off the Fratton end clock.He did score spectacularly same game, I also remember him scoring a free kick from forty yards to earn a replay against hull in the cup.
    Could never understand what people had against him other than he replaced Ron Saunders.

That's the one mate - I was in the North Stand. Only got vague memories of the goal. He was called Daisy at Charlton because he spent a lot of time on the grass.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)