+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "We're gonna win the league ... apparently".

"We're gonna win the league ... apparently".

Hopefully Mr B's comments earlier today were more tongue-in-cheek, rather than foot-in-mouth?
    Still, you've got to admire his positivity, so let's get behind him from the off !

re: "We're gonna win the league ... apparently".

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886
    Hopefully Mr B's comments earlier today were more tongue-in-cheek, rather than foot-in-mouth?
    Still, you've got to admire his positivity, so let's get behind him from the off !
    See thats how rumours start, people not listening to whats actually said. He said no such thing...Throughout the interview he said "im not going to say we will win the league" but he did say he wants people to aim to be the best they can be and that means having the mindset to be winners and aim to win every competition you enter.

I found him thoroughly refreshing and a huge change from many in the managers chair and frankly too many of our fans happy to be mediocre and second best because thats all we can hope to be.

He was bang on the money when he asked the assembled press guys "do you think anyone at sports personality of the year got where they were by say saying I'll always be second to that guy before they put themselves against them"

One of the reasons why Scottish football is in toilet at the moment is because there are too many clubs aiming for top six. I want managers to say to their fans they want to push Celtic as far as tbey can not well Celtic will win the league. A mentality which will always fail scottish football. Every time the players go on that park tbey must have the mentality to beleive that they are better and if not better then they are going to work harder to get the victory. Once you lose that belief then in my book it's game over.
    On Saturday against Ross County we gave them too much space. There were so many times when we were 5-10 yards away from the player with the balll. Get close, press your opponents. Whether it's Ross county Aberdeen or Celtic give them time to play and they will do just that and from there, thier confidence will grow.
    What we lack in skill we should make up for with effort and if you don't have the skill you practice, practice then practice some more until you do.
    Go

[no subject]

Perhaps our new manager been amongst us on this very forum all the time … Firparkloony

re: [no subject]

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid
    Perhaps our new manager been amongst us on this very forum all the time … Firparkloony
    If only...I'd certainly teach all the players what to do at throw ins, how to change the angle (without cheating) at free kicks (within shooting distance) and how to see out the last 10 minutes of a game when we are ahead. All these have been lacking for at least the last 40 years of me watching them, still we can but hope!

Quote Originally Posted by allan73
    On Saturday against Ross County we gave them too much space. There were so many times when we were 5-10 yards away from the player with the balll. Get close, press your opponents. Whether it's Ross county Aberdeen or Celtic give them time to play and they will do just that and from there, thier confidence will grow.
    What we lack in skill we should make up for with effort
    I've been saying exactly this for years Allan. We give opponents far too much room and time and even if they're mediocre they can play to their strengths and look good. If one of our midfielders put in a hopeful tackle they might not win the ball but they might just do enough to prevent an opponent from being able to take a free shot and pick his spot. We simply aren't closing teams down. In short we are not working hard enough off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    See thats how rumours start, people not listening to whats actually said. He said no such thing...Throughout the interview he said "im not going to say we will win the league" but he did say he wants people to aim to be the best they can be and that means having the mindset to be winners and aim to win every competition you enter.

I found him thoroughly refreshing and a huge change from many in the managers chair and frankly too many of our fans happy to be mediocre and second best because thats all we can hope to be.

He was bang on the money when he asked the assembled press guys "do you think anyone at sports personality of the year got where they were by say saying I'll always be second to that guy before th

I found his conference refreshing even to the point when he said McManus and Lasley even at their age can improve and do certain things better and hes right also we need stability so its time for Black to make up his mind as well hes been offered to carry on as a no 2 so needs to make up his mind now and not drag this 1 out.

I don't disagree it's positive to hear Baraclough talk but it does make me a fraction nervous...folk like Jim Gannon and John Collins - even Harri Kampmann actually, and no doubt there have been others - who have very specific ideas that are not within Scottish football norms have tended to struggle.

Terry Butcher called his Hibs team a bunch of wasters - the fact they proved him 110% correct by simply downing tools is unlikely to be much consolation when they got relegated from mid-table and he got sacked.

Baraclough's chat definitely sounds promising but our present position offers little safety net if the players don't bother buying into his vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    I don't disagree it's positive to hear Baraclough talk but it does make me a fraction nervous...folk like Jim Gannon and John Collins - even Harri Kampmann actually, and no doubt there have been others - who have very specific ideas that are not within Scottish football norms have tended to struggle.

Terry Butcher called his Hibs team a bunch of wasters - the fact they proved him 110% correct by simply downing tools is unlikely to be much consolation when they got relegated from mid-table and he got sacked.

Baraclough's chat definitely sounds promising but our present position offers little safety net if the players don't bother buying into his vision.
    I would agree but if they dont we get shot of them in the summer and try to build a semi decent team if that means falling down a division so be it. Frankly it makes my team itch the amount of times we hear Motherwell managers getting their excuses in before a ball is kicked

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)