+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "the club could go bust"

"the club could go bust"

statement in the express today. regarding what could happen if ashley cannot get his £3m loan aproved by the sfa. stated rangers would need £8m soon and if they cant get it could go bust.

note, they stated the club, not the company.

must be an admin error surely.

re: "the club could go bust"

Quote Originally Posted by happytim
    statement in the express today. regarding what could happen if ashley cannot get his £3m loan aproved by the sfa. stated rangers would need £8m soon and if they cant get it could go bust.

This particular club can't go bust. They have no assets and own nothing - they cannot run out of cash because they have none. They do not earn any because they do not take revenue from any supporter. They cannot spend any because everything they have, including their players, are financially managed by the 'company'...

Apparently...

who gets credited with results, is it club or company.

Financial results or results on the pitch?
    Certainly when my shift does well, the company does well - but we still get the credit - and as we have proved, this 'club' has no more standing than a shift of people at work

This club/company merry go round being used by Sevco is getting beyond the joke now.
    Oh and I see Neil Alexander has been awarded some dosh as well,but not sure if it's the club or the company that has to pay it

Rangers have appealed an SPFL tribunal decision to award Neil Alexander £84,000 after he won a breach of contract claim against the club.

STV understands the former Ibrox goalkeeper was successful in proving to a panel recently that he was due the money as part of a contractual agreement which the club reneged upon.

Alexander, who now plays for Hearts, was due to receive an increase in wages and bonuses if his competitor for the number one jersey, Al

The SFA being complicit in Rangers going bust ?? Never ... though if they grew a set they could get a copy of the letter David Murray sent Airdrie .. score oot Airdrie insert "The Rangers" and say "Business is Business"

Quote Originally Posted by John65
    Certainly when my shift does well, the company does well - but we still get the credit - and as we have proved, this 'club' has no more standing than a shift of people at work[/quote]

''My shift'' hark the big shot

Quote Originally Posted by unclegary22
    Certainly when my shift does well, the company does well - but we still get the credit - and as we have proved, this 'club' has no more standing than a shift of people at work[/quote]

''My shift'' hark the big shot [/quote]#
    **** me - the dizzy heights eh...
    You have a problem with my terminology fkwit>

Quote Originally Posted by steviex

The SFA being complicit in Rangers going bust ?? Never ... though if they grew a set they could get a copy of the letter David Murray sent Airdrie .. score oot Airdrie insert "The Rangers" and say "Business is Business"[/quote]

What letter was that?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)