+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 Good, 2 Bad

2 Good, 2 Bad

Posting on the Blackburn thread made me think about my best and worst games watching BWFC - my 2 best, and 2 worst games

2 Good
    Man U away 78/79 - Frankie Worthington double at OT in a night game when we won 2-1
    Blackburn away (78?) the night we got promoted - Frankie again!!

2 Bad
    Stoke at Wembley - enough said!!
    Fkin Stoke again when we got relegated from the Prem

I hate Stoke with a passion!!!!!

re: 2 Good, 2 Bad

2 Good

Blackburn 3 - 4 Bolton (2003-2004)

We gave away a sh1tload of leads against Blackburn in those days so to do it to them at Ewood felt amazing.

Wolves 2 - 3 Bolton (2010-2011)

This was back when we were playing amazing football under Coyle. We were 3 nil up and nearly gave it away in the end but still a cracking day out at a cracking stadium. Funny to think that Wolves fans were ringing into BBC West Midlands after the match praising us for going out and getting a brilliant young manager in Owen Coyle, talking about how they needed to ditch McCarthy and do the same.

2 Bad

Blackburn 3 - 0 Bolton (2009-2010)

You mentioned it in the other thread Jimmy. Awful performance.

Burnley 2 - 0 Bolton (2011-2012)

Soon as I saw Clueless Coyle's pathetic, predictable team selection, I knew what we were in for, both in terms of that match and the season as a whole. Really embarrassing to see us go to pieces in front of a packed out smug Turf Moor as well.

Man United 0 Bolton 1 2002, scored with about 5 minutes to go, we were in the United, both jumped and and went mental, got thrown out!!

Liverpool 0 Bolton 2 1993, 8500 Bolton fans David Lee tore them apart

Worst
    Play off final 1999, Watford 2 Bolton 0, just didn't show up, whole season's work down the drain

Chelsae 4 Bolton 3 1978, 3-0 up with 15 minutes to go and still managed to lose

"Liverpool 0 Bolton 2 1993, 8500 Bolton fans David Lee tore them apart"

White Hot!!! That's one of those games that I'll always regret missing. You are right about David Lee, there's a great video on You Tube of the game and he absolutely takes them to the cleaners!!!

2 Good
    1) Beating Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield in the cup.
    2) Beating Wrexham 1-0 for promotion from the old 4th division.

2 Bad
    1) Bolton 0 Newport County 1 (1986 division 3, 4.5K at Burnden, very dark days)
    2)Gillingham 1 Bolton 0 (1987, sealed our fate to the fourth division, for the first time in our history)

2 good

I know, I keep going on about the Past, but while I can just about remember.

Beating Liverpool 3-2 in a League Cup Replay at Burnden in the 60's ... build upto the game was fantastic.

The Liverpool game when we won 2-0 at Anfield in a Cup Replay... the game Lordy mentioned

Two Bad
    Black Sunday, losing 6-0 to manu at Burnden...nuff said.

Can't think of in recent times, a more demoralising game, than the Stoke Cup Semi, even tho I didn't go.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)