+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everton game

re: Everton game

Like many others I had no great expectations of a good performance and would have happily settled for a draw before the start. So it was very pleasing to watch a battling display of teamwork and good organisation to secure the three points.

The bright start was tempered by the inability of the useless and incompetent John Moss to identify foul play when it took place.

The decision was well justified to revert to three centre backs, two wing backs and Harry Reed playing in front of the back three to nullify the opposing midfield threat and break up the play with some snappy tackling and simple but effective distribution. He was a revelation and look forward to seeing more of him.

The defence looked solid with Toby back their once again and Maya had one of his best games for a while, capped off with a rare goal, so well done him !

Like last year, Everton were a big disappointment and didn’t turn up.

A good performance and a priceless result that brought to an end a miserable r

re: Everton game

I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday's performance. Great to see some of the youth being blooded and the Jap remain sensible and not do anything daft - his goal was a real bonus !!

As others have said, Everton were poor. The toffee's that I spoke to were unhappy with RM's tactics, but are a better set of fans than their scouse counterparts so weren't shouting for a change of manager just yet.

Sadly, with our next game being on TV we're bound to lose, extending our Sky jinx

Eleven points from safety though, and I'd have bitten your arm off in August for that

I'm a happy Saint

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12