+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas homework for i961pie.

re: Christmas homework for i961pie.

But I really like the big races. My interest in horse racing wavers, sometimes I'm so full of it, sometimes like now it cools. I started following it in the 80s, and my fave jockey of all time is the legendary Lester Piggott. He would have gotten his knighthood I'm sure if not for his criminal record. But at least he made a comeback and nearly won the Triple Crown with Commanche Run who failed at the last in the St Leger.

Those days my fave race was the Epsom Derby, then it was the Prix de le Arc de Triomphe, then the Kentucky derby and now probably it's between the Dubai WC or Melbourne Derby. And of course the Grand National.
    I managed to pick 2 winners once - Maori Venture and sometime this century - I forget the horse's. But I've had a few places as well.

The Melbourne Derby run over 3200m, now that's a real challenge of staying power. My fave was Might and Power in 1997 (I Think, a pillar to post win), then came super mare Makybe Diva who won it 3 in a row (or was it 2?). I

[quote="Romanis"]But I really like the big races. My interest in horse racing wavers, sometimes I'm so full of it, sometimes like now it cools. I started following it in the 80s, and my fave jockey of all time is the legendary Lester Piggott. He would have gotten his knighthood I'm sure if not for his criminal record. But at least he made a comeback and nearly won the Triple Crown with Commanche Run who failed at the last in the St Leger.

Those days my fave race was the Epsom Derby, then it was the Prix de le Arc de Triomphe, then the Kentucky derby and now probably it's between the Dubai WC or Melbourne Derby. And of course the Grand National.
    I managed to pick 2 winners once - Maori Venture and sometime this century - I forget the horse's. But I've had a few places as well.

The Melbourne Derby run over 3200m, now that's a real challenge of staying power. My fave was Might and Power in 1997 (I Think, a pillar to post win), then came super mare Makybe

My fav. Flat jockey was Steve Cauthen (great clock in his head for judging pace), I like William Buick of the present day riders.
    Fav. jump jockey was Johnny Francombe (pure class) then Dunwoody. Those riding today obviously AP McCoy, Walsh and Gerraghty take some beating.
    My daughter in NZ is getting married next year and is having her hen party at the Melbourne cup (I'm jealous).
    Went to Thirsk races in August with the wife she had a £1 reverse forecast on a 20/1 and 8/1 in the biggest handicap of the day and guess what?--yes they finished 1st and 2nd and it paid £162 on the tote--typical.
    But I love Cheltenham, not to go but watching on TV,
    I always have a few days off work when it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie
    My fav. Flat jockey was Steve Cauthen (great clock in his head for judging pace), I like William Buick of the present day riders.
    Fav. jump jockey was Johnny Francombe (pure class) then Dunwoody. Those riding today obviously AP McCoy, Walsh and Gerraghty take some beating.
    My daughter in NZ is getting married next year and is having her hen party at the Melbourne cup (I'm jealous).
    Went to Thirsk races in August with the wife she had a £1 reverse forecast on a 20/1 and 8/1 in the biggest handicap of the day and guess what?--yes they finished 1st and 2nd and it paid £162 on the tote--typical.
    **** me.
    It's a non stop roller coaster of fun in your house 61.

Have you tried synchronized crocheting?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    **** me.
    It's a non stop roller coaster of fun in your house 61.

Have you tried synchronized crocheting?[/quote]

I used to but it got in the way of my flower pressing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12