+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please read this Mr Baraclough

Please read this Mr Baraclough

You seem a reasonable man.

You will be aware that most things that happen in life do so for a reason.

One of the main reasons for our diabolical defensive record in the league this season has been undoubtedly Simon Ramsden.

You may not have seen much of him but rest assured that he is absolutely past his best, never recovering a semblance of form since injury late in 2013!

For evidence, please look at video evidence - trotting back yards out of position for numerous goals, letting James McFadden gently saunter past him from the confines of the corner flag away to St Johnstone or recent evidence of Celtic's goal at Fir Park.

You ignore this at your peril.

re: Please read this Mr Baraclough

Sorry to say this but the same applies to about half the team,one of the younger players in the team looks the most unfit and uninterested player I have seen in a long timely Stuart Carswell,:/ :/

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    Sorry to say this but the same applies to about half the team,one of the younger players in the team looks the most unfit and uninterested player I have seen in a long timely Stuart Carswell,:/ :/
    Correct but we have an abundance of no hopers. Carswell has not improved one iota from his first ever game in the first team and he couldnt catch a cold or trap a bag of cement. However as I said he's far from alone. We need a min of 3 new players to come in January and we need to end the Motherwell careers of McHugh , Carswell, Vigurs, Lawson , Kerr and O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    Correct but we have an abundance of no hopers. Carswell has not improved one iota from his first ever game in the first team and he couldnt catch a cold or trap a bag of cement. However as I said he's far from alone. We need a min of 3 new players to come in January and we need to end the Motherwell careers of McHugh , Carswell, Vigurs, Lawson , Kerr and O'Brien[/quote]

I think the only of that group we'll be rid of in January is O'Brien. With the exception of McHugh, it's more important we find a way to use the rest rather than waste time failing to bundle them out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    Correct but we have an abundance of no hopers. Carswell has not improved one iota from his first ever game in the first team and he couldnt catch a cold or trap a bag of cement. However as I said he's far from alone. We need a min of 3 new players to come in January and we need to end the Motherwell careers of McHugh , Carswell, Vigurs, Lawson , Kerr and O'Brien[/quote]

I think the only of that group we'll be rid of in January is O'Brien. With the exception of McHugh, it's more important we find a way to use the rest rather than waste time failing to bundle them out the door.[/quote]

As far as I'm led to believe they are all out of co

Quote Originally Posted by steviex

I think the only of that group we'll be rid of in January is O'Brien. With the exception of McHugh, it's more important we find a way to use the rest rather than waste time failing to bundle them out the door.[/quote]

As far

Quote Originally Posted by wellanon
    You seem a reasonable man.

You will be aware that most things that happen in life do so for a reason.

One of the main reasons for our diabolical defensive record in the league this season has been undoubtedly Simon Ramsden.

You may not have seen much of him but rest assured that he is absolutely past his best, never recovering a semblance of form since injury late in 2013!

For evidence, please look at video evidence - trotting back yards out of position for numerous goals, letting James McFadden gently saunter past him from the confines of the corner flag away to St Johnstone or recent evidence of Celtic's goal at Fir Park.

You ignore this at your peril.
    WELL said wellanon.
    I couldn't agree more.
    His goal selling, then game selling performance v Celtic was only forgivable because it kept him out of the team for 2 unbeaten games.
    For some reason he seems to get a soft and easy ride on this forum when, imo, he is the worst of

I wonder how you would feel if someone wrote an open letter to your boss and expressed their personal opinion, don't you think you are just a wee bit above yourself, "ignore this at your peril". The new manager was selected to manage I'm, pretty sure he, as well as musing things over and making his own observations, he is getting a lot of good advice from professionals, ignore this at your peril indeed. as Scrooge would say " Bah Humbug"

It's a football messageboard, saying bin a defender is hardly unreasonable.

However, if Baraclough agreed to ignore all the players listed for the chop on here we'd struggle for a five-a-side squad. It's easy to say bin Vigurs, Lawson, Ramsden etc, what's much harder - and frankly why we're all debating on here rather than actually in any position to influence things - is saying how to get something out of Vigurs, Lawson, Ramsden etc until summer.

The huge number of players out of contract in summer means Baraclough should have a relatively simple job in reshaping the squad and then we'll sink or swim depending on who he signs. It's somehow cajoling our current shower to 10th place with his hands tied behind his back due to contracts and our financial situation which is the more concerning and bigger challenge for him imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    It's a football messageboard, saying bin a defender is hardly unreasonable.

However, if Baraclough agreed to ignore all the players listed for the chop on here we'd struggle for a five-a-side squad. It's easy to say bin Vigurs, Lawson, Ramsden etc, what's much harder - and frankly why we're all debating on here rather than actually in any position to influence things - is saying how to get something out of Vigurs, Lawson, Ramsden etc until summer.

The huge number of players out of contract in summer means Baraclough should have a relatively simple job in reshaping the squad and then we'll sink or swim depending on who he signs. It's somehow cajoling our current shower to 10th place with his hands tied behind his back due to contracts and our financial situation which is the more concerning and bigger challenge for him imho.

at last a voice of sanity...baraclough is not daft, he knows he needs this squad to perform so he h

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)