+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whit rubbish is this we are watching

Whit rubbish is this we are watching

Cmon what is going on not a bad first half but the second half was horrible .Who said what at half time because we sat in invited Thistle on to us and how we never conceded I'll never know .Surely after the first half we should have been feeding Ainsworth who had the full back on toast but we never seen him in the second half .I fear we will get a doin on Thursday if we don't play 100% better than today ,as I said last week we will be relegated if we keep playin like we are

re: Whit rubbish is this we are watching

Quote Originally Posted by dosser1
    we will be relegated if we keep playin like we are
    To be fair if Baraclough keeps this win ratio up we'll win the league.

Cmon what is going on not a bad first half but the second half was horrible .Who said what at half time because we sat in invited Thistle on to us and how we never conceded I'll never know .Surely after the first half we should have been feeding Ainsworth who had the full back on toast but we never seen him in the second half .I fear we will get a doin on Thursday if we don't play 100% better than today ,as I said last week we will be relegated if we keep playin like we are
    A few ugly wins will hopefully get confidence up and start moving through the gears. We're definitely better organised and keeping our shape better.Happy to go 2 games without conceding.

What is and has been obvious all season is all midfield need to be replaced.

No doubt midfield has to go or we will take a real hammering,we seem to be in a game for 45 minutes then the whole team disappears.I thought Ainsworth had been subbed at halftime for all he produced in the second half.Still think it will be interesting to see how we play if we can field the same eleven players for four or five games in a row

First half was decent we were working as a team josh law was having a decent game. Passing the ball still an issue for him though. Ainsworth good in the first half brutal in the second. Erwin again good in the short time he was on but should have and needs to burst the net with the chance he had. I wish the rest of the team could match Lasleys work rate because we would be winning the league.

Thistle stood off us in the first half and that allowed our midfield to operate higher up the park. We had the room to play it on the deck and get into wide spaces. They sussed us out at half time and pressed higher up the park, our midfield did its usual and fell back and held the line just in front of the defence which in turn made us start booting it long ball again. As a result Thistle had all the possession. However as truly awful as we were in second half we got what mattered.

Accies will give us no such luxury as we had in the first half today. They will be right in about us and a backs to the wall performance is on the cards again.

However having listened to Baraclough after the game he sounded sufficiently ****ed off with their desperate second half efforts Im convinced he knows exactly what he needs to change in January.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    No doubt midfield has to go or we will take a real hammering,we seem to be in a game for 45 minutes then the whole team disappears.I thought Ainsworth had been subbed at halftime for all he produced in the second half.Still think it will be interesting to see how we play if we can field the same eleven players for four or five games in a row
    Aye YaYa Ramsden isnae the answer in fact get him to f

Aye YaYa Ramsden isnae the answer in fact get him to f[/quote]

Anyone would think you had something against the guy - did he give you a knock back or something :-D

Ainsworth is frustrating and did fall out the game, however credit must go to Thistle manager for a switch towards the end of the 1st half swapping the left back and a midfielder who then snuffed ainsworth out, while Thistle then got control of midfield.

Our own manager made a switch between Law and Henrik in the second half which gave much needed cover for Hammell.

I don't know what some folks expect of a new manager who 2 games in has given 6 points and already has the team much better organised, has produced some moments of excellent play (not enough yet but promising). And all of this with the players he has inherited, and has to work with for now.

I thought he chose his words carefully but I have no doubt he will not accept what happened in the 2nd half. The plus side for me was that we saw the game out (which folks on here have been demanding all season) and defended well with excellent blocking and tackling.

A decent start to the first objective of staying out of trouble in

The second half certainly wasn't what I was expecting after watching the first half, but i'm not going to have a go, instead try to take some positives. We proved we are a half decent team when we take the game by the scruff of the neck, and for all the pressure thistle had in the second half, Dan was never under that much pressure. I thought we defended pretty well today. The manager also made a couple of tactical changes defensively that seemed to work also. That's us played the three teams around about us in the league and took 7 points out of 9. Small steps, but hopefully we can keep it going and maybe start to climb the league.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)