+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not sure of all the rules anymore..

I'm not sure of all the rules anymore..

And I don't think I'm on my own in feeling that way.

I'm an old bu gger and maybe one of those who are stuck in their thinking and will never change or adapt to new ways or even technology.

Every Country in this world needs rules, it is supposed to make us civilised decent human beings who go about our daily business knowing that these rules bond us together for the benefit of all.

But nowadays things seem to be changing too much, they tell us its for our and others benefit, WHO TELLS US ? AND ARE THEY RIGHT ?

Its got to the stage now where I get worried about what I write or what I actually say in public, I don't really worry in the actual sense of worry, but I feel I'm being pressured in what I say by an invisible force which is trying to force me into how I speak.

We cannot say much nowadays that isn't labelled ***ist, Ageist, Racist, Blasphemy or Insulting by someone with an agenda which to me is pointless and smothering.

And why are we trying to be so European ? open cafe'

re: I'm not sure of all the rules anymore..

SORRY I HAVE GONE ON A BIT, THAT MUCH IT WOULD NOT LET ME PUT THE ENDING ON WHICH IS BELOW.

I'm pleased we have this forum and that Gaz shares my belief in having the right to freedom of speech, not just that but also having the knowledge knowing that we are not racist and can communicate without the threat of being gagged for literally telling it as it is, for that I will be eternally grateful Gaz, thank you.

You grumpy, racist, cloth capped, pigeon fancying old barsteward. I am glad I am not like you

to be fair to the couple on the bus, the shopping centre is known as 'centrale'.

i take it croydon central could mean a number of things.

Quote Originally Posted by footy_le_bordel
    to be fair to the couple on the bus, the shopping centre is known as 'centrale'.

To be fair there is Croydon Bus Station, West Croydon Train Station, East Croydon Train Station, Croydon Tram Stop, Croydon Flyover, Croydon Underpass, Croydon Market, Croydon Clocktower, Croydon College, Croydon Fairfield Halls, Croydon Victorian Town Hall, Croydon Library, Croydon Water Palace, etc etc...

But unfortunately, Croydon Central could not mean a number of any other place's.

Are you an ex ClaretMadder, or is nitpicking your second nature ?

eye his 2nd nature

getting like victor meldrew ...bless him

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli

To be fair there is Croydon Bus Station, West Croydon Train Station, East Croydon Train Station, Croydon Tram Stop, Croydon Flyover, Croydon Underpass, Croydon Market, Croydon Clocktower, Croydon College, Croydon Fairfield Halls, Croydon Victorian Town Hall, Croydon Library, Croydon Water Palace, etc etc...

But unfortunately, Croydon Central could not mean a number of any other place's.

Are you an ex ClaretMadder, or is nitpicking your second nature ?[/quote]

so croydon central can only mean one thing - the of a shopping centre that isn't actually called croydon central?

fair enough. you know the area better than i do.

What about it being Croydon airport?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram
    What about it being Croydon airport?
    Don't you phuckin start Rammy

I go past the Croydon Airport Hotel on Purley Way where there is an old life size plane raised on the forecourt which you have probably seen Rammy, I'm not into planes so I don't know what it is.

Isn't there a pub somewhere around there called the Ye old Six Bells ?

It's a De'Havilland Heron by the way (looked it up)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast