+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player Ratings versus Leeds

re: Player Ratings versus Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by su4eranio
    I thought Eust was MotM last night. Broke up any attempt of play by them, organised our team, and even kept stealing ball and driving into their box

Plenty of steady performances against a **** poor dirty leeds who again resorted to industrial fouling!

Bucko gave solidity and assurance to defence. Chrissy held ball up nicely. Will controlled the play. Ibe ran their right side raged and always a threat

only surprise was we only scored two!
    Totally agree Su4eranio. I watched Eusty closely last night; he's a very intelligent footballer who knows positionally where to put himself and knows what his job is. He is that wasp who bothers by repeatedly buzzing around with the threat of stinging you. We look organised, balanced, tight and closed as a unit with Eustace in. And ditto with Buxton at the back. It'll be a very tough game at Ipswich but with that team out, I fancy us to nick it. That game at Ipswich is a 6 pointer that will be

I thought Eust was MotM last night.
    I thought Eustace was steady without being standout Stand Up.
    He plays aggression and possession but not to many forward balls. Not dissing the guy. Its sometimes just what you need.
    I think it just shows how good GT is though. Similar aggression and back four shielding and yet adds to the attacking play and scores a few range goals.
    Don't rush him back Smac. There is bound to be doubt in his mind after two similar injuries and with Eustace and Omar playing OK, there's no need for speed!!!

7's all round, with Hughes, Buxton and Eustace getting 8's.

Very professional display. Still not quite reaching the heights of last season, though.

But we're more solid, so i don't think we have to for the majority of games.

Hoping Hughes has a big match v Ipswich.

Ella, like you I was trying to keep an eye on Eust. Lost count of how many times he was organising the midfield and defence. He was certainly dishing out instructions to Ibe when trying to get our shape into our defensive play. I know Omar doesnt have that to his game but brings perhaps more skills to his play

be interesting to see the stats of points return with and without Eust in the team. I suspect I know the outcome

Ella, like you I was trying to keep an eye on Eust. Lost count of how many times he was organising the midfield and defence. He was certainly dishing out instructions to Ibe when trying to get our shape into our defensive play. I know Omar doesnt have that to his game but brings perhaps more skills to his play

be interesting to see the stats of points return with and without Eust in the team. I suspect I know the outcome

Su4eranio, see Eustace Returns... Stats posted in there. - view external link

Good write up Ella, agree totally. Would like to add a bit more praise for a couple of players if I may...

Hughes, who has in the past been accused of not being a game changer, took a nil - nil stalement by the scruff of the neck and gave us that opening goal that we really needed. When he took the ball on the halfway line from 3 hacking Leeds players, he didn't jest pass it and stand still, he looked up, played the right pass, and made a cutting run, took the ball away from another sliding tackle and put a ball in so good that if it wasn't an own goal there were Derby players licking their lips at a tap in (look at Russell's initial reaction before he realised the deflection went in).

He made that goal, almost all by himself, out of nothing. Hopefully we see some more of this.

Hendrick looked very good last night, he's been out of sorts since his injury but last night didn't put a foot wrong, and I thought was gonna score with his shot on the edge of the box that got blocked. Bryso

[quote="AdiSalisbury"]Good write up Ella, agree totally. Would like to add a bit more praise for a couple of players if I may...

Hughes, who has in the past been accused of not being a game changer, took a nil - nil stalement by the scruff of the neck and gave us that opening goal that we really needed. When he took the ball on the halfway line from 3 hacking Leeds players, he didn't jest pass it and stand still, he looked up, played the right pass, and made a cutting run, took the ball away from another sliding tackle and put a ball in so good that if it wasn't an own goal there were Derby players licking their lips at a tap in (look at Russell's initial reaction before he realised the deflection went in).

He made that goal, almost all by himself, out of nothing. Hopefully we see some more of this.

Hendrick looked very good last night, he's been out of sorts since his injury but last night didn't put a foot wrong, and I thought was gonna score with his s

Lovely stuff ella, poetic. I'd have perhaps given Ibe and Will 8's, but don't disagree with your MOTM choice.

Quote Originally Posted by D_D
    Lovely stuff ella, poetic. I'd have perhaps given Ibe and Will 8's, but don't disagree with your MOTM choice.
    Thank you D_D. I agree Ibe should maybe have an 8; many of the players deserve praise for last night but it was a comprehensive Team show. Just thought Hughes was outstanding; and the lad is just 19.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)