+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glass half full?

Glass half full?

Ok looking for the slightest bit of positivity so I can go to Fir Park on Sunday with some sort of hope of getting a result. Looking back at the last 4 results we have picked up 7 points from a possible 12. 2 wins a draw and a heavy defeat. Aberdeen are winning games but not thumping teams. If we are led to believe that Aberdeen are the best supported team out with the old firm then they should fill the South Stand. so what better time for our players to roll up there sleeves and get a result to send them back home with their tales firmly wedged between their legs.
    Well not a very convincing summary of why I or anyone else should be looking forward to the game against Aberdeen. Hopefully the pre-match interview from our manager can give us more optimism. But i doubt it.

re: Glass half full?

Quote Originally Posted by allan73
    Ok looking for the slightest bit of positivity so I can go to Fir Park on Sunday with some sort of hope of getting a result. Looking back at the last 4 results we have picked up 7 points from a possible 12. 2 wins a draw and a heavy defeat. Aberdeen are winning games but not thumping teams. If we are led to believe that Aberdeen are the best supported team out with the old firm then they should fill the South Stand. so what better time for our players to roll up there sleeves and get a result to send them back home with their tales firmly wedged between their legs.
    Well not a very convincing summary of why I or anyone else should be looking forward to the game against Aberdeen. Hopefully the pre-match interview from our manager can give us more optimism. But i doubt it.
    If there is anything you can latch onto go for it if it makes you feel better. We all see it differently.

Yes we all see things differently but if we the fans create an negative atmosphere at the ground it wont help the players,who I have also been critical of but true supporters stick with their team through thick and thin

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    Yes we all see things differently but if we the fans create an negative atmosphere at the ground it wont help the players,who I have also been critical of but true supporters stick with their team through thick and thin
    You post suggest floating supporters are not true supporters and thats not right. They may well be less comitted but they are still true supporters. Folks need to stop judging every Motherwell fan through the eyes of a diehard.

Believe me, I have been travelling through to Motherwell from Livingston for what is now over 35 years many of which where on the old number 27 SMT bus to watch Hugh Sproat, Derek Murray and Andy Harrow. So I have watched some S**t* over the years. As many of us have. still think we are better than those god awful times but what I would give to have a proper right back like Fraser Wishart or Andy Dornan. No point looking backwards though. Just hope the current crop of players have some pride left in them because each and every one of them needs to show some on Sunday.

Glass half full is that despite being utterly chronic this season, we're still notin. The bottom two!

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    ... but true supporters stick with their team through thick and thin
    Maybe in the past, but not the case anymore. People have varying priorities and commitments these days.

As for "glass half full" ? Our recent 7pts were taken from fellow drossmerchants, so with Aberdeen being the visitors tomorrow my glass doesn't even have dreggs in it.

Quote Originally Posted by allan73
    It's hard to sum up, however when I was a youngster I heard an old guy say "Aye but it's hard being a WELL Fan". I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

Yes, its hard being a Well fan. While Thursday's defeat is hard to take, older fans have endured worse.

* In 1967-68 finishing in 17th place having shipped 98 league goals and won 6 games out of 34.

*In 1979 winning 5 games out of 36 and shipping 124 league goals.

* In 1979-80 finishing 6th out of 14 in the old former first division (now the Championship).

* In 1995-96 drawing a blank in 16 league games out of 36.

* In 1979 losing 8-0 at Pittodrie.

No doubt there are equally as bad times further back in our history.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)