+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT sky value for money??

OT sky value for money??

Since waking up on NY day with a stinking cold i have spent most of the last 2 days staring at the box in the corner. Usually its just background noise unless something i want to watch is on.

But i have just realised how much shat is on TV, just as you get into something the ****ing adverts come on.

Just watched Only fools and horses and it came on at 4 oclock and at 4:07 i had to endure 6 minutes of sh ite before it came back on.

I added up 40 minutes of adverts in a 1 1/2 hour program.

based on this 45% (ish) of my £80 a month is paid to watch adverts for loans, credit cards, furniture or how to donate money to Africa, lion cubs or to free dancing bears in ****ing Russia.

Or i could press pause

#grumpyas****

re: OT sky value for money??

We never watch a single advert on Sky or any other channel. Everything that we watch is recorded and watched from the planner. If something is an at say 9 o'clock we record it and start watching at 9.15. Simple

PS Is it value for money? Is it ****? It's a rip-off but if you don't have Sky then you miss out on an awful lot

I'm currently paying £60.07 a month for the full Sky package and that includes, films, sports, HD, Broadband and phone.

Sky is much better than that ****e BT Vision and I will not leave Sky again! You just have to be on the ball(no pun intended) with Sky and you just need to pressurise them into giving you the best possible deal.

I can't complain at £60.07 a month, but my current deal expires in April and I will just ring them up again and threaten to leave them, it works every time!

We have Virgin Media broadband, phone and Tivo.

I'll leave it for donboy to comment on the money side of it.

I,ve had sky for a few years now, and for the past 5 years I have only paid half price. Simply phone up tell them your going to cancel because you can no longer afford the subscription., and they will offer you a cut price deal.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)