+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: a grumble at evans and the style of play...

a grumble at evans and the style of play...

First I know im going to get a shed load of abuse for this given where we were where and where we are etc etc and also the budget limits we have but at the same time football constantly moves on, its the nature of the game and so opinions should move with it...

here goes...

The first issue I have happened pre season (in fact it started before last season finished). Our 'throw enough mud at the wall and some will stick' transfer policy. In my humble opinion with our budget limits basic maths dictates that the more players you have the lower your average salary woukd be. With our limits we should have been aiming for a 1st team squad of around 18 with a higher average weekly wage allowing us to bring in better quality replacements whilst at the same time maintain harmony in the dressing room as wages can all remain in line. Instead we signed players no better than what we already had - wood, broadfoot, sadler, hall, brandy, bowery, newton, retaining bradley, loach (notice I leave derby

re: a grumble at evans and the style of play...

Not far wrong but dont want to be too critical due to whats been acheived to date , i also welcome the new passing style but now and agin we need to pass it forward , not one person runs the channels the full backs get the ball but then has to go backwards as no one is in front of him why ?

re: a grumble at evans and the style of play...

I think the reason we pass across and back so much is because there is never a clear option on infront.
    You watch how much movement we make off the ball, it is very little.
    We dont drag defenders out of place, we dont create space or give options to whoever is on the ball.