+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth as blueprint...

Bournemouth as blueprint...

says Raynor. But their philosophy seems fundamentally different.

Bournemouth don't make 10 or 11 signings every summer. They signed four players this close season, for example. Interestingly, after coming up from League One, they made five signings in the summer and a couple more in January. They recruit players, usually young players and develop them. They very rarely use loans to supplement their first team, but do loan players out who can't contribute to the first team or need experience. And when those players come back from loan, they take their place in the first team. There's a plan, a system, progression.

What does Raynor suggest we're going to do, having been tonked by Bournemouth's not quite first choice 11? We're going to ship some out and get some more in, presumably on loan (because TS is surely wary of signing 2 or 3 year contracts on Championship wages with relegation at least a possibility), with a view to overhauling the squad (again) in the summer.

Maybe, along th

re: Bournemouth as blueprint...

"The fetishising of the "new approach" troubles me"

David I have to agree. The impact of the new style has been grossly exaggerated.

The new style nonsense has had no impact at all.
    It has had no impact on results.
    In one respect SE has been lucky with the fixtures to cover for this style talk.
    We failed to beat an out of form Cardiff, likewise with forest (Rochdale will agree), got beat 2-0 by Huddersfield with the new style but happened to score 2 in the last minute when we ditched the style and went direct, failed to beat the worst championship Side ever in Blackpool on two occasions and got a good result at Wigan (but the goals came from a poor pass back and a set piece - nothing to do with our style).

ANY strengths of the style came through Lawrence's ability and not our way of playing.

With how relatively easy our fixtures have been in the last 6 games where we have used this new system there is just as much a case to say that our results in these games could lead to relegation than help us stay up.

We have the likes of Bournemouth, Ipswich, derby in the next group of games - had to see any points and in a

In my opinion we are in a false position at the moment. We are bottom 3 material all day long. It's already been pointed out that we have failed to beat the worst the league has to offer and now we have to face the big boys. I really cannot see how we can get out of the hole we are in. Our only hope is that there are two teams worse than us.

There are lots of players out of their depths in this league and i include SE in that statement

Hard and unfair to say we are definitely bottom 3 material because were not in the bottom 3 and every team has played each other now.
    I am sure fans of millwall, Blackpool and Wigan are saying similar things!

We do need January to work well for us though in the transfer market.

So when we finish the season in 21st place shall we say to the football league that we finished in a false position and can we be relegated please?

Quote Originally Posted by tivoliman415783
    Hard and unfair to say we are definitely bottom 3 material because were not in the bottom 3 and every team has played each other now.
    I am sure fans of millwall, Blackpool and Wigan are saying similar things!

We do need January to work well for us though in the transfer market.

without a settled team i can only see us struggling

Always enjoy reading your posts David, an articulate and highly accurate summary.

And the blueprint for Bournemouth ... They very much remind me of Swansea City during their ascent. A young manager with progressive ideas using a model to develop the team through evolution over a sustained period of time. You rightly point out they have spent significant money doing so - reported £3m for Wilson, £1.5m for Rantie, 500k for Ritchie and presumably high wages for Gosling and Surman from the premier league. Quality over quantity however.

Putting our position in perspective however it's always worth remembering the facts from the official Deloitte football finance report for Championship season 12/13, the latest available. Peterborough had the lowest wage bill of £6.2m and were relegated. Wolves imploded but the survivors that year Barnsley 4th from bottom and Millwall 5th from bottom had wage bills of £7.7m and £12.1m respectively.

Is an unspoken conclusion from your post David that Evans

It is always difficult to read a David Rawson post and to take things holistically. Every point he makes must be taken in context with this article.

http://thetwounfortunates.com/rotherham-united-no-longer-the-same-club/

Basically, if you don't have the time to read it, it illustrates his despise at us appointing Evans, and that we will never be the same club in his eyes. He has demonstrated throughout Evans' reign at the club, mainly through posts on here and on Twitter, that whenever something doesn't go right, he feels Evans is out of his depth. Which is just not the case!!

You also have to factor in, that he is very articulate, and can put an article together, that is not the case, but makes it look as though due to his excellent use of words. Unfortunately, although some of us understand Football, we do not have the same ability when it comes to the use of the English Language, and this puts his argument in a different light to many.

Let's start by putting things into Fact! We

It was interesting till you claimed they have a big squad like us.

They have 26.

Please do some research before you add to the misinformation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast