+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well I'll say it

re: Well I'll say it

I'd give him more time to try and get things right. Having Hobbs and hopefully Reid back could make all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    If I was Fawaz, I'd be begging Martin O'Neill to help, even if was only part time. Someone who knows how to get the best out of players.
    Fawaz himself said, MON, NW and SP were the choices for manager. He chose SP.
    If Martin still cares, then some spare effort would be a huge boost.
    Would he do it for peanuts though?thats what we are dealing with here.would he want to risk his reputation and come here to try and help out?

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    If I was Fawaz, I'd be begging Martin O'Neill to help, even if was only part time. Someone who knows how to get the best out of players.
    Fawaz himself said, MON, NW and SP were the choices for manager. He chose SP.
    If Martin still cares, then some spare effort would be a huge boost.
    Would he do it for peanuts though?thats what we are dealing with here.would he want to risk his reputation and come here to try and help out?[/quote]

You can't answer that, until you ask?
    As for peanuts, what price do you put on relegation?
    This is a manager were talking about assisting. There are a thousand and one ways to deal with funds. Ask the banking world, or Amazon, etc.

The club's form of late points to only one conclusion and that's relegation so i'm sorry to say Fawaz has to act now and sack Pearce. Bring someone in who can wheel and deal with no money at all because Pearce's claim that the embargo could bring the team closer together is not happening.

Sack Pearce not from me, quality of the players is not an issue in this division,
    Bournemouth / team spirit
    Brentford / team spirit
    Ipswich / team spirit
    Derby / luck
    There is always a team that throws up a surprise during a championship season Palace, Burnley and so on, Palace just avoided relegation one season and got promoted the next, Burnley took the mick last season, trouble is because of our embargo we are stuck with a few bad eggs and can't ship em on, I bet if SP could he would ship loads out in this window but can't, lets stick by SP.

not knowing your best team and constant pointless tinkering with squad formations etc is the problem, he needs a few more games id say 6 more then if things havent improved he needs to do the decent thing and walk.
    burley last season picked a team and stuck with it...and it worked.
    he's been backed big time by fawaz he has no excuses it seems as though he's coached the footballing ability out of them and turned them into a shower of sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by matreddog
    Not many managers have the luck with injuries to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigusDikus
    Not many managers have the luck with injuries to be able to do that.[/quote]
    He should just pick our strongest team regardless of weather they are injured or not.That should keep the moaners happy

If a former England captain and stalwart, not to mention club legend can't motivate this bunch of players, who do you suggest can?
    We have an excellent squad that should be self motivating for Christ sake, have they no pride? The team we put out yesterday should have been good enough to get a result.
    Maybe Pearce could use some help, but we cannot afford, and must not keep changing managers at the rate we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds

Consider this though, should we get relegated do you honestly believe Fawaz will hang around?
    He must be doing his nut by now. He has backed managers since he has been here and for what exactly?

Maybe Fawaz is actually the problem. Change the "b" on "backed" for an "S". Cotterill, O'Driscoll? McCleish? McClaren saw the light and walked. Davies? Maybe you reap what you sow. Your club is a mess financially and has just embarrassed itself on the pitch.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast