+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dom Thomas What's the beef!

Dom Thomas What's the beef!

Ok so I have been calling for this young lad to get a start since I saw him play against Hibs U 20's last season. But instead we sign and play players like Josh Law. So what is the beef with Dom. Heard a guy say we would have to pay money to Celtic if he gets a start for us. In tbe past I have heard that a figure in the region of 30 grand would have to be paid.How true any of this is I am unsure. But again after the best 15 minutes of todays game was down to one man, Dom Thomas. He is head and shoulders above what we have been watching week in week out. He came on and you could see the rest of the players wanted to pass to him and get him involved in the game.. This in itself speaks volume. This lad has quality which other will feed off of. Get him starting games NOW before we are relegated.

re: Dom Thomas What's the beef!

You surely wouldn,t play him before our class act Ainsworth who very nearly broke into a walk at one point.Seriously though thought both Dom and Luke did far more for the team than some of the seasoned players who still lack energy,desire,ambition and effort:/

Quote Originally Posted by allan73
    Ok so I have been calling for this young lad to get a start since I saw him play against Hibs U 20's last season. But instead we sign and play players like Josh Law. So what is the beef with Dom. Heard a guy say we would have to pay money to Celtic if he gets a start for us. In tbe past I have heard that a figure in the region of 30 grand would have to be paid.How true any of this is I am unsure. But again after the best 15 minutes of todays game was down to one man, Dom Thomas. He is head and shoulders above what we have been watching week in week out. He came on and you could see the rest of the players wanted to pass to him and get him involved in the game.. This in itself speaks volume. This lad has quality which other will feed off of. Get him starting games NOW before we are relegated.
    For 75 minutes you wouldnt pay bad money to go and watch that p1sh next week. However one young lad does more in 15 mins in terms of control

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    For 75 minutes you wouldnt pay bad money to go and watch that p1sh next week. However one young

Thought the young man did well at LB. Considering he didn't get much help from his fellow defenders, or midfield, especially first half.
    We don't have a natural left back or natural left mid/winger. If we know that, you can guarantee our opponents do.

The Watt lad did well - he often was determined to get a foot in instead of waiting while the opposition controlled the ball. Some of his interventions went straight into the stand, but at least they were interventions - other players please note - and if the ball's in the stand it's not in our net.
    I just don't understand why Thomas doesn't feature more. He's clever,dangerous and looks for the ball! Erwin is promising, but how can he build up an understanding with his team - mates if he doesn't get a game? Our only decent spell was when these guys were on; there's a message there.

Yes we do need the players to build up an understanding of each others play.but when was the last time we could put the same starting eleven out two games in a row.We have had more players playing out of position than any other team this season which certainly doesn't help our case.

If Erwin had taken the golden opportunities presented to him in the ce**ic , thistle or Hamilton matches the manager would've been unable to leave him out.

You could call it a brave decision to play young Watt on his weaker side , against an in form Aberdeen it could also have been considered reckless , i suppose its a sign that the manger had faith in the laddie , to have then chucked in a raw Thomas in front of him mightve been a bridge too far though , i didnt think Law was the worst again today and did offer Watt some protection.

On Thomas .Refreshing to see a player looking for the ball , willing to take it and head in the direction we are shooting with pace and intent (i could swear sometimes our midfield dont know what direction we are supposed to be attacking.) It's called taking responsibility and its an absolute f'ing scandal that its shirked by seasoned pros and left to that kid to be the one to step up.

That said im not falling for the whole he can turn water into wine r

Don't think anyone is saying Dom will turn water into wine what I and many others are saying is this lad has more ability than a lot of the guff we are seeing at the moment from so called seasoned pros. Once again he has come on and produced more attacking moves than the entire front three produced in 70 minutes. He has also skinned the Aberdeen right back four or five times and put in some decent crosses of which Ojamma should have done so much better with at least one. The lad can control a football pass a football and beat his man. So at this present moment in time he would be in the starting 11 every week. Baraclough says he will give the young lads a chance when the time is right well guess what the time is right. He's better than Vigurs ZFA Law Carswell and Ainsworth so that means he should start before everyone of them. Yes he's a wee bit lightweight but Jamie Murphy was as well and he did more than ok for us.

Dom just has to start the next couple of games. We've scored fewer goals than any other club in the Scottish leagues or the five (including the Conference) leagues in England. He looks as if he could make some chances. From what I've seen he wouldn't be getting a start out of desperation; it would be based on merit. The man can play a bit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)