+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Midfielder

New Midfielder

Rumour's flying about that Queens are after Mark Millar ,currently plying his trade with Peterhead in the first division.
    Looked a real player against us last season for Falkirk,when he was on loan from Dundee united.
    Could he be what we need to push on towards the play-off's and eventually the premier league?

re: New Midfielder

A Great Player ! Top quality midfielder and passes the ball about very well !

Mark Millar scored against us last season at the Falkirk Stadium to win the game for Falkirk.

He would fit into our team brilliantly. He is also better than what we have at the moment

Mark Millar signs for Queen of the South ! It's confirmed - see official site for more details

Millar was one of the best players in the championship last season without a doubt. But i watched the highlights of a couple of Peterheads games, and he now looks overweight, unfit and well of the pace in league one. Unless he has been training really hard the last few weeks i think it'll be a few games before he's ready for a start in first team. I hope i'm wrong but as they the camera never lies!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty3
    Millar was one of the best players in the championship last season without a doubt. But i watched the highlights of a couple of Peterheads games, and he now looks overweight, unfit and well of the pace in league one. Unless he has been training really hard the last few weeks i think it'll be a few games before he's ready for a start in first team. I hope i'm wrong but as they the camera never lies!
    Your 100% Correct ! Not impressed ... In my opinion I prefer Kevin Dzierzawski !

I am intensely frustrated at the limited use of Kevin Dzierzawski especially since he was a sensation in his first games - and against SPL opposition too. Sometimes I wonder if the manager stares at the team sheet, starts to write Djz.. Dzaj... and then writes Kidd (who I don't rate at all). I have to say that when I heard that we had signed Mark Kerr I was delighted but it was Mark Millar I had in mind! Maybe I had a premonition!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Blackadder
    I am intensely frustrated at the limited use of Kevin Dzierzawski especially since he was a sensation in his first games - and against SPL opposition too. Sometimes I wonder if the manager stares at the team sheet, starts to write Djz.. Dzaj... and then writes Kidd (who I don't rate at all). I have to say that when I heard that we had signed Mark Kerr I was delighted but it was Mark Millar I had in mind! Maybe I had a premonition!!
    Quite agree that Dzierzawski deserved more game time to prove himself when he first joined. Of course you can only speculate that he would have been worth a regular place in the team with more game time, but when you consider that McShane was getting regular games despite several under-par performances, and he has become one of our key players, then the same could have happened for Kev.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)