+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Half year review

Half year review

After Saturday and the completion of 24 league games thought I would post some ramblings and reflections on the season so far. Saturday adequately demonstrated the gulf in class between the teams at the top of the championship and teams at the bottom. In contrast, Huddesfield on Boxing day, looked like your typical big thuggish league 1 team (not too dissimilar to us 12 months ago).

Much has been said about the much vaunted change of style from the Millers and as usual the usual suspects get the blame for poor performances (typically Revell).

On Saturday I saw the game from the very back of the West Stand, a much different view to where I normally sit and it allowed me to make the following observations.

1) In general our players ON THE BALL aren't that bad, most have a decent first touch and can find one of our players.

2) We aren't the quickest team BUT we don't have particularly slow players (Broadfoot excepted).

3) Our biggest problem is OFF THE BALL. Our movement is languid a

re: Half year review

Tavernier made our side last season. He made Agard who wasn't a winger look a good player. He played for Wigan sat' but was taken off. Don't know if there's any chance we could get him back. Need a right back + right winger. Wasn't bothered about Ledesma going back to hit & miss to give a contract.

Agree with most of your half year review Smallwood and JCH are only 2 perm' players good enough. Would like to keep Wooton & James. Pringle think he needs a move, he's not a battler, we need somebody who can cover that left hand side + get forward. Another striker & midfield player needed. Play Wooton at centre back.

Funny game football...tavernier can hardly get a game...lovely footballing full back...i do hope we can get him back...

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla
    Funny game football...tavernier can hardly get a game...lovely footballing full back...i do hope we can get him back...
    Yep Funny old game Football & we want a player that can't get a game for a poor side & we want him back?