+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Tom Pope not happy with a wage cut...

O/T Tom Pope not happy with a wage cut...

Port Vale striker Tom Pope says he 'cannot afford' to take a pay cut to stay with his boyhood club.
    The 29-year-old Potteries-born forward, who has scored 66 goals in 177 appearances since initially joining Vale on loan in 2011, has been offered a new deal by the League One side.
    "I want to stay until the end of my career," he told BBC Radio Stoke.
    "But next summer I'll be 30. I cannot afford to take that sort of pay cut. If I was 18, it wouldn't be a problem."
    Pope signed his current two-and-a-half year deal in February 2013, when he was the country's leading scorer, having netted 27 goals.

Is he the bargain forward we've been looking for to get us back on the scoring sheet?

Would you like to see him back in a Millers shirt?

re: O/T Tom Pope not happy with a wage cut...

dont you think we have enough donkeys ?

Quote Originally Posted by gramiller1959
    dont you think we have enough donkeys ?
    ...easy Gram these are desperate times for us finding a striker...

Quote Originally Posted by Brin
    Port Vale striker Tom Pope says he 'cannot afford' to take a pay cut to stay with his boyhood club.
    The 29-year-old Potteries-born forward, who has scored 66 goals in 177 appearances since initially joining Vale on loan in 2011, has been offered a new deal by the League One side.
    "But next summer I'll be 30. I cannot afford to take that sort of pay cut. If I was 18, it wouldn't be a problem."
    Pope signed his current two-and-a-half year deal in February 2013, when he was the country's leading scorer, having netted 27 goals.

Is he the bargain forward we've been looking for to get us back on the scoring sheet?

Thought you were a sensible sort of a bloke Brin. Its nearly as bad as millerspitters and millerboys comments on Natural Winger thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller

Thought you were a sensible sort of a bloke Brin. Its nearly as bad as millerspitters and millerboys comments on Natural Winger thread. [/quote]

Jesus Brin that was some size bait looking for a bite. We don't know the figures but I sympathise with Port Vale. Since Pope signed his last contract based on 33 goals in his glory season he's scored 10 last season and is on just 5 this season. Vale have suffered their fair share of financial difficulties in recent years so why should they risk the club for any ungreatful player.

He's not the first player to want a final payday. Last night the pundits on the BBC MOTM at Wimbledon match were saying Gerrard has earned another big contract and the right to cherry pick his games like Scholes and Giggs did before retiring. What about these so called fans of clubs saying I'll play half the games for half the money. In Liverpools case ticket prices have gone through the roof if they aren't close to going bust like Vale. The pundits aren't interested in the fans though just lining their mates pockets.

UTM!