+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premiership players out of contract

re: Premiership players out of contract

If you threw a bag of cement at Carswell I think he would have difficulty trapping it.Have watched him enough to know like many others at the club he is totally unfit or uninterested.He never tracks back and if he attempts to he gives up after 5-10 yards, something we can do without in our midfield right now :/ :/

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    If you threw a bag of cement at Carswell I think he would have difficulty trapping it.Have watched him enough to know like many others at the club he is totally unfit or uninterested.He never tracks back and if he attempts to he gives up after 5-10 yards, something we can do without in our midfield right now :/ :/
    Carswell has been suffering from a virus for most of the season that's why he's not been at his best. I presume the previous manager thought that he was better unwell than some of the others or maybe the squad has been even more out of sorts than we were led to believe.

Carswell may have been suffering from a virus but that doesn't excuse the lack of effort,drive and commitment needed at all times.If he is still playing with the effects of the virus then we are in trouble if we dont have anyone fitter than that

Im afraid Carswell has not been playing with a Virus since 2011 when he started and hes no better now than he was as a fresh faced 17 year old then. Thats one of my biggest gripes about us we bring youngsters in and they do not seem to build or mature their skills to any great degree from their starting days. Yet compare that with youngsters that come through at Dundee Utd. They catch the eye almost immediately on their debut then they are talking big money interest within 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    Yet compare that with youngsters that come through at Dundee Utd. They catch the eye almost immediately on their debut then they are talking big money interest within 18 months.
    Thats because they're mainly hoovering up young talent from other senior clubs and then developing it. A bit more to it than that, but thats the gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    Yet compare that with youngsters that come through at Dundee Utd. They catch the eye almost immediately on their debut then they are talking big money interest within 18 months.
    Thats because they're mainly hoovering up young talent from other senior clubs and then developing it. A bit more to it than that, but thats the gist of it.[/quote]

Frankly I dont care how they do it, the fact is they do it. They havent discovered a magic formula that others don't understand or couldn't do. We excell at bringing in average / poor youngsters and thats exactly where their talent remains which suggests they were never good enough in the first place.

We should look closer to home as although Dundee Utd have great record with youngsters so do accies and their on our doorstep

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    Looking at the STV list I would take not everybody's favourite player Kallum Higginbottom back from Thistle before I would offer a new contract to any of the 14 players we have on it.HE has more talent,goal potential and ideas of how the game should be played.I know there will be WELL fans who would disagree with this but as I said its only my opinion
    Higginbottom is better than 90% on our books and hes far from perfect. I'd take him in a shot over what we have. However Thistle won't want to lose him and I suspect he wouldnt be in any rush to come back to us.[/quote]

According to Thistle fans Higginbotham has been poor this season.

Vigurs has 3 goals from midfield this season.

Take the rest of the defence and midfield and how many goals are there? Not many.

I also think I'm right in saying Vigurs had one of the top assist rates in the league last season.

For me Vigurs is every bit as good a player as Stephen Hughes was, but what he needs is players around him.

We've certainly not improved any since he got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by DoonAirbles

For me Vigurs is every bit as good a player as Stephen Hughes was, but what he needs is players around him.
    I didn't rate Stephen Hughes. That aside you're right to a certain extent. Vigurs will do well in the right set up, which we don't have. He needs a 5 man midfield with pacy players and defensive players. We have neither. In short he's a luxury we can't afford.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)