+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dan Protescue

Dan Protescue

Forest eye Dan Protescue, so says the MIRROR... So who is this so called super manager that will take over when they sack Pierce. Tiny little snippit, allmost hidden, if it had any credit it would have been bigger headlines i,m thinking, must be a load of tosh (hopefully)

re: Dan Protescue

Quote Originally Posted by zidazaga
    Forest eye Dan Protescue, so says the MIRROR... So who is this so called super manager that will take over when they sack Pierce. Tiny little snippit, allmost hidden, if it had any credit it would have been bigger headlines i,m thinking, must be a load of tosh (hopefully)
    It was on twitter the other day after the translation of a fawaz interview that he gave in Kuwait.
    He is a former Chelsea right back.dont think he will be any better than Pearce to be honest

Can't see this happening, unless Fawaz offers a bundle to Dan, who was a real classy player and seems to be succeeding as a manager on his home turf and region.

For 1 he'll not be able to sign anyone and secondly, he'll need to come to grips with Tier 2 footy which is a different kettle of fish to what he's handled thus far. And this is not the Prem, where class usually triumphs graft. Here it's the reverse.

Sure some have succeeded but most don't, and Petrescu must have some kind of Midas touch if he's gonna succeed at this level.

Not going to happen!!

Even if SP were to leave I expect that Fawaz who has now started to understand the Championship and what is required will hire someone with relevant experience at this level.

George Burley please

Quote Originally Posted by dazzared60
    Not going to happen!!

Even if SP were to leave I expect that Fawaz who has now started to understand the Championship and what is required will hire someone with relevant experience at this level.

George Burley please
    George Burley is a great call although I woud question his hunger as a manager now...and the small matter that he will take no crap from owners (take Derby and Hearts as examples)...on that basis Fawaz is a no go zone IMO.

There are not that many decent managers out there at the moment I feel and if you were being honest with yourselves what self respecting manager would want to work with Fawaz? This is being muted one the basis that Pearce gets the boot...if...or more realistically that happens then 6 months is what a new manger can expect.

Unfortunately Forest has become a bit of a poisoned chalice. What Forest needed was a 'recovery' man...I thought you had it in Cotterill but he never got given the chance

You are right and wrong Ramstein.

Right about Fawaz being hasty. Cotterill and O'Driscoll should have been allowed to finish.

Mcleish was a wrong choice but Davis needed to be sacked. After an arresting slide, no inspiration or guidance from the bench and a mauling (yeah Derby 5-0, you guys can gloat on that, you deserved to win by a bigger margin, if I'm honest), surely a manager has to go.

Birmingham and Reading did the same recently. That kind of spate of results has to kindle some response from a responsible owner. And Pearce himself admitted that he saw the same kind of misadventure recently. So it's a problem, but can he fix it?

In that sense you're wrong, it's not a poisoned chalice if results are so inept and intolerable. If we lose to Weds and get thumped by Derby again, I can't see how Fawaz will be blamed if he wields the axe.

And you'll always find managers interested in a job like ours, if Fawaz offers the correct kind of wages. Heck there'll be a long list of appli

I forgot to add, if Pearce survives these 2 games - minimum 2 points, then he should carry on until the end of the season and then access for himself whether he can improve next season.

Maybe a draw with Weds and a real good fight with derby albeit a narrow loss, that too might be alright to continue. But it can't be a draw (or loss) with Weds and then a thumping by Derby. You gotta show that at least you can win a home game, every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    I forgot to add, if Pearce survives these 2 games - minimum 2 points, then he should carry on until the end of the season and then access for himself whether he can improve next season.

Maybe a draw with Weds and a real good fight with derby albeit a narrow loss, that too might be alright to continue. But it can't be a draw (or loss) with Weds and then a thumping by Derby. You gotta show that at least you can win a home game, every now and then.
    I'll be honest and sincere when I say this but your situation I find frustrating and dare I say it upsetting. Don't get me wrong, I will always want Derby to try and have the upper hand, but I also always want to ensure we play each other - it's what footballs about...you know more than most (as, correct me if I'm wrong) that your of a generation who knows what a man Stuart Pearce is...a Forest and England legend, he's a decent and honest man and you can see that it hurts...he's human and

first things first 2 really good posts Ramstein/Romanis.
    You both make good points. I don't think for one minute that George Burley would be in with a chance of the Forest job, even if it came up.
    I still think that SP will be in charge come the end of the season and I would hope to see him I charge at the start of next season.
    Apparently it all hinges on our next 2 games. We are more than capable of gaining 3 points on Saturday, as for the Derby game a good performance is needed and the best I would hope for is a draw.
    The season is still alive and there is still plenty to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzared60
    Not going to happen!!

George Burley please
    You mean like Steve McLaren, Neill Warnock or Mick McCarthy-lol