+ Visit Oldham Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done to the Directors for standing against the mob

Well done to the Directors for standing against the mob

Never in my time as a football fan ( 55 years ) have I known a player so vilified and treated as if he was public enemy number one. Not defending what the lad did and he's been the architect of his own downfall but the vilification and hatred generated by the Mob has been unprecedented.

Politicians, Clegg, Cameron, celebrities, Ennis, Heaton,the " Patrons" of our club, it's been discussed on Newsnight, BBC Question Time , Radio4 Moral Maze,. It's been mentioned in Parliament. There have been numerous newspaper articles and horrible people have signed a petitions and Sheffield United were subject to incredible bullying.

I only wish our Directors had the backbone and guts to stand firm against the Mob

Well done to Oldham and good luck for the rest of the season.

I'm intending to travel across from Sheffield for Cheds first match

re: Well done to the Directors for standing against the mob

Well said...

The low point was the protest outside the town hall when we were away at doncaster...

That was disgusting behaviour, we had done nothing at all at that point...

Labeliing the club supporters of violence and rape on the streets of sheffield... for what?

We did nothing wrong...

re: Well done to the Directors for standing against the mob

Thanks mate. The individual or individuals who hide behind the pseudonym "Jean Hatchet" and start these Mob mentality petitions are pathetic. I would love to think someone would do a bit of investigative work to see who they are and why they think they have a right to hound a young man (idiot though he may be)and Sheffield United so viciously.

Oldham most likely will get the same treatment, threats, bullying, telling them they are justifying rape and violence against women

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)