+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Choudary condones Paris attack.

Choudary condones Paris attack.

The waste of space is at it again - link.

But in a way this is a problem throughout Western Europe and even in Australia. The Govts there in pursuit of freedom of speech, allowed people or clerics like him a platform, even the ability to set the tone of the kind of Islamic teachings they've chosen to interpret.

The problem is that the kind of Islam that's preached stem from a radical side of Arabic teaching. In Malaysia for example, a Muslim country - the state sets the tone - a moderate version. Imams and clerics follow suit and hence you don't have a culture of hate speech. In Turkey for example, the sermons delivered in practically every mosque must conform to the national Islamic council appointed by the state. As such you don't allow radicals like Choudary to hijack the national stage.

Maybe it's time for Britain and other countries to look at it, to ensure a nationwide streamlined message of Islam - one that practises moderation and respect for secular laws is preached routin

re: Choudary condones Paris attack.

[quote="Romanis"]The waste of space is at it again - link.

But in a way this is a problem throughout Western Europe and even in Australia. The Govts there in pursuit of freedom of speech, allowed people or clerics like him a platform, even the ability to set the tone of the kind of Islamic teachings they've chosen to interpret.

The problem is that the kind of Islam that's preached stem from a radical side of Arabic teaching. In Malaysia for example, a Muslim country - the state sets the tone - a moderate version. Imams and clerics follow suit and hence you don't have a culture of hate speech. In Turkey for example, the sermons delivered in practically every mosque must conform to the national Islamic council appointed by the state. As such you don't allow radicals like Choudary to hijack the national stage.

Maybe it's time for Britain and other countries to look at it, to ensure a nationwide streamlined message of Islam - one that practises moderation an

I know I mentioned this before - I still think Britain today is as if you're apologising for your past wrongdoings during Empire. Everything is apologetic, everything is pc, everything is don't ruffle feathers, everything is free speech.

But the rest of the world doesn't really care. There's no level of free speech like Britain's in say South Korea, in Japan, in Singapore, even in states like Turkey, Lebanon no need to mention in the Middle East countries. Heck even in India they won't allow the same level of free speech as in Britain and India is a bastion of democracy, every post right down to village chief is elected. Nobody complains about certain aspects of freedom of speech that's curtailed, maybe just a very tiny majority. Most people accept you don't condemn religion, race or culture.

If Britain banned certain types of speech that incites hate, that promotes radicalism, I doubt the rest of the world would bother because no one really cares. It's accepted that free speech co

[quote="Romanis"]I know I mentioned this before - I still think Britain today is as if you're apologising for your past wrongdoings during Empire. Everything is apologetic, everything is pc, everything is don't ruffle feathers, everything is free speech.

But the rest of the world doesn't really care. There's no level of free speech like Britain's in say South Korea, in Japan, in Singapore, even in states like Turkey, Lebanon no need to mention in the Middle East countries. Heck even in India they won't allow the same level of free speech as in Britain and India is a bastion of democracy, every post right down to village chief is elected. Nobody complains about certain aspects of freedom of speech that's curtailed, maybe just a very tiny majority. Most people accept you don't condemn religion, race or culture.

If Britain banned certain types of speech that incites hate, that promotes radicalism, I doubt the rest of the world would bother because no one re

have a look at this and I would recommend to see Daniel Wickham's twitter list of scum bag NATO leaders and their respective offences against the exact same thing they tell us they are fighting for...Free Speech

google this;

theguardian - paris-anti-terror-rally-world-leaders-twitter