+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO i961 Pie - Peter Bromley

FAO i961 Pie - Peter Bromley

I wonder if you remember his commentaries? The best ever? I think so.

re: FAO i961 Pie - Peter Bromley

Yes I remember them, but can't remember if he was BBC or when there used to be the old ITV 7 (remember that)? I did like Peter O'Sullivan tho'.
    Cue Tricky for some ageist comment.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie
    Yes I remember them, but can't remember if he was BBC or when there used to be the old ITV 7 (remember that)? I did like Peter O'Sullivan tho'.
    Oh give over, you miserable old t[color=black]wat

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds

[/quote]

Cork! He ain't 1, that's reserved for the Pathetic Pair, the boyfriend is on a 1 man mission to destroy or disrupt the Derby board.

And he's doing a good job letting everyone know about you know who. He's even made up a few new ones - gay *****phile - I don't remember using that, I only inferred he likes young men, but if the boyfriend wants to use that, I guess who needs enemies when you have friends like that!

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie
    Yes he was with the Beeb. It was reported that he got the Grand National winner correct 3 or 4 years on the trot. I've only managed it twice and maybe a second and a third and certainly not consecutively.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds

OY Less of the miserable.

[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    Yes he was with the Beeb. It was reported that he got the Grand National winner correct 3 or 4 years on the trot. I've only managed it twice and maybe a second and a third and certainly not consecutively.[/quote]

My first national winner was West Tip in '86 I think I have had only a couple since, Red Marauder was one beating Smarty when only 3 or 4 finished and 2 of those were remounted.The other was Papillon under Ruby Walsh.

My two were Maori Venture - I had an Aussie sheep dogd Maori at the time, hence the pick and Amberleigh House because of McCain.

No expert analysis either. Should have taken Party Politics because of the election. Sometimes it's in the signs, Seagram being another.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    My two were Maori Venture - I had an Aussie sheep dogd Maori at the time, hence the pick and Amberleigh House because of McCain.

No expert analysis either. Should have taken Party Politics because of the election. Sometimes it's in the signs, Seagram being another.
    I forgot Amberleigh House, I backed that as well, I have had quite a few placed. Just So, The Pilgarlic, State of Play and Balthazar King are 4 that springs to mind.