+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Site

re: This Site

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    this site started to die aboout 2 years ago. We need a Streve Kean type figure to get some healthy debate going again

Your damn right there Dan ...Steve Kean was head and shoulders above all the managers that followed him ..a much maligned figure ..

To be fair, this site 'died' maybe a little longer than 2 years ago. One of the admin (not sure who?) was over excited when banning lots of Clarets. Some deserved it, but there were a number who clearly didn't and got caught up in it.

Like it or not, banter tends to get interest from both sides so long as it's not abusive. You've been giving it us for a good few years, so you were bound to get some back.

A number of your fans seemed to lose interest when you got relegated as well with all of the depressing news etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Font_of_knowledge
    To be fair, this site 'died' maybe a little longer than 2 years ago. One of the admin (not sure who?) was over excited when banning lots of Clarets. Some deserved it, but there were a number who clearly didn't and got caught up in it.

Like it or not, banter tends to get interest from both sides so long as it's not abusive. You've been giving it us for a good few years, so you were bound to get some back.

A number of your fans seemed to lose interest when you got relegated as well with all of the depressing news etc.
    Very true words FoK, I started posting after Dunnit-Haunted ect got banned and it has depleted ever since, at the time some thought that I was haunted because of my username, I had been an observer of the site for quite some time before deciding to join, so soon realised that Ghost/Haunted who had got banned was to be my downfall as a genuine poster.

There are still some issues with posters on t

Quote Originally Posted by poltergeist
    There are still some issues with posters on this site being in a clique so imo it will put people off joining the forum. RTID
    I don't let Saxo not letting me join his gang put me off

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    I put forward my opinions over this some time ago, so I will not bore people to death in repeating them.

For myself, I cannot/prefer not to comment regards actual 'real time football' debate as I am currently very much absent from Ewood due to other activities.
    Being so, I do not take great heed from what the journo's print, and viewing 'opinions' on here does not really help a great deal as they are well...opinions.
    The most damning part is that more often than not it develops into a point scoring/slanging match, which I find irritating.
    As I say, I prefer to observe for myself and hold my opinion (right, or wrong). Then that makes it 'interesting' to read what others have formed given they observed the same as me.
    Despair - I don't quite get what you mean. Surely these sites are all about debate and opinion. We are here to talk about football in general, and Rovers in particular.
    Some of the posters on this thread are putting for

As I say, I prefer to observe for myself and hold my opinion (right, or wrong). Then that makes it 'interesting' to read what others have formed given they observed the same as me.

But Despair ..you ve openly stated your are away from Ewood these days so what are you obsevering and then reading other posters observations on and finding interesting ..?

Aucks and Howie (both of you who's comments I have time for),
    Yes, I am currently not a attendee as I am away a lot, hence my no commenting upon performances, and because of this my 'interest' over others opinions is negated. My comment relates to earlier this term when I was more regularly attending and thus make my observations accordingly.
    My comment re: 'this site' was based upon the concern voiced re: the diminishing actual football debating.
    I was therefore putting forward my own personal view on why this was, plus explaining my own even more personal reason for not doing so recently.

Aucks, I have the fullest respect for you and your reasoned overview/s, and in no way was inferring you personally found negativity 'irksome', to the point of being 'put out'. If it came across that way, I apologise.

Yes this league is awash with teams who are afflicted with the inconsistency bug, but I personally feel that the 'pressure' on ourselves to find a cure asap is maybe a tad more urgen

You've two nails with one hammer there Despair. Promotion is almost essential with the debt and FFP. But under Boywer, it's decent, hardworking and honest football. Confidence and swagger is missing. But it'd perfectly great if money wasn't getting a greater issue each month.

THIS is more like it: the site is buzzing again. A pity that it has taken the public beheading of Gary Bowyer to get it going. Still, history shows that there is nothing the public likes better than an open-air execution.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    THIS is more like it: the site is buzzing again. A pity that it has taken the public beheading of Gary Bowyer to get it going. Still, history shows that there is nothing the public likes better than an open-air execution.
    As unsavoury as it may be, the re-energising is due to another defining moment emerging as regards the welfare of the club.
    Some hard decisions need to be/ will be made pretty soon I would think.
    GB has maybe hit his zenith, and he and Venkys know/suspect it.
    He may have lost the dressing room.
    It seems he certainly has lost a major part of the support base.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)