+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Ched Evans

Was wondering lads what your take on this is?

I know we have chatted about this before but things have escalated and in my opinion have now got completely out of hand!

I think he should be allowed to get on with his life, i think all all these do gooders who keep signing these on line registers are not football fans and dont support either Sheffield United or Oldham, i will go as far as to say in my opinion most of them are hypocrites. I feel strongly about this and am p1$$ed off with the hysteria surrounding all this! There are even some MP's joining the bandwagon now no doubt looking for votes at the forthcoming election? Anyone would think Evans had committed mass murder, i cant help thinking what a horrible, double standard society we are turning into.

Ched Evans personal website makes interesting reading, there is talk that it is going to be closed down Why not just execute the bloke and be done with it?

re: Ched Evans

The convicted rapist has shown no remorse whatsoever for his victim until yesterday.. That speaks volumes in my book... Why the sudden change from being a hard nosed phooker to showing some remorse .. Obviously its just a publicity stunt for him and his lawyers..
    He still pleads his innocence and is awaitng a review of his case.. IMO he shouldn't be allowed to resurrect his career until this has been resolved one way or another..

I have read transcripts of his trial and there is some dodgy reading but in my book anybody who has *** without the partners consent is on a sticky wicket..

Personally if Burnley had made an approach to sign him I would have been appalled...obviously that's just my opinion for whatever it's worth..

At the end of the day he's just a scumbag who thought he would try it on with another woman ,thinking he would not be caught because of his and fame..

Do not know the full details so I am still a bit on the fence with this one and I may change my view as more information comes to light. However, if what I have heard and read is correct, the girl was intoxicated but seemed to be a willing participant. I suppose the question is, how drunk was she, could she make any rational decisions, did she resist?

Is the fact that he was a footballer, earning megabucks a factor in this case? Not sure, but it has crossed my mind?

The fact that he had not previously said sorry or admitted his guilt is probably down to the advice from his lawyers, in case it prejudices his appeal.

Once the appeal process if finally over we may eventually get to hear a bit more.

I am not condoning rape or his actions, but there does seem to be a bit of doubt about some of the evidence given at his trial, which needs to be clarified once and for all.

He has been released, so I guess he has done his time.

If he were to resume his career I would insist on a salar

I think you have opened a can of worms with this issue Lawrie which is good as it should give us good debate on here which I believe will split the forum with different views.

Yes some MP's giving their 2 peneth worth who should be more concerned with their own work which they cannot get right.

Gordon Taylor putting his size 10's in it with likening it to the Hillsbro disaster FFS.

Steve Bruce now having a say.

For me getting a sentence for whatever reason should be enough IMO, But and its a big but.

There seems to be a lot of grey area's in evidence that convicted Ched Evans, and his appeal which "looks" suspect in them not allowing him one, which makes our legal process look like a joke, which I think it is from start to finish.

Regardless of his Guilt or Not, he was convicted of rape and should have been given 8 or 9 years jail time, not a measly 2 years, he assaulted, degraded and ***ually abused a female, not something I can grasp being a man but can only imagine.

So I'm no

"I think you have opened a can of worms with this issue Lawrie which is good as it should give us good debate on here which I believe will split the forum with different views".

I asked for everyones opinion on this and i am very pleased Alf has voiced his even if they do differ from mine. Rammy has responded with some excellent points as well as have you Mike, but thats what i asked for and i totally respect all your opinions.

I think this thread may well run for a bit, it is a very contentious subject! I have said what i believe above and i dont think i will change my mind on that, but i know things are not that black and white so will be interesting to see how his appeal goes? If he is succesful then he should definitely be allowed to carry on with his football career but if the sentence is upheld then i cant see him ever playing professional football again.

I am swinging (don't go there Alfie) between different thoughts but try to look at fact

1) he was convicted of rape

2) he proclaims his innocence / but who would admit to this heinous crime anyway

3) he has served his time

4) he is entitled to employment / rehabilitation

5) people power has influenced the clubs decision

6) death threats to the club members too

7) he has made public his apology to the victim, friends and family to have this back in high profile news

What is he supposed to now? Some will say kill himself. But what is he expected to do? If a carpenter goes to jail for rape and is released it is likely he will return to carpentry

Are people taking the morale high ground in the guise of him being a role model to youngsters? Rape seems to me to be on the increase with young men getting sent down because they are guilty

WHy is rape on the increase? Is it drug and alcohol related?

If a girl says no does she mean yes? Of course not she means NO ffs.

The victims

Not much of a debate had here then

I thought this would have attracted a lengthy debate? Im a bit disappointed it has fizzled out so quickly

Me too Laz

I guess it has been done to death around other |?

Chez is innocent!!!!!

Debate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast