+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Manager Needed After Derby Game

New Manager Needed After Derby Game

Until this afternoon I've been on the side of giving Pearce more time - not because of results on the pitch but because i like the way things are working out behind the scenes with the youth and scouting set ups etc.

Unfortunately we only seem to be getting worse with time. If I had seen any improvement in the last couple of games I would be happy to write this season off but we look worse now than we did against Ilkeston in the summer. Additionally our form is so bad that after we get mauled by Derby we'll be looking at a relegation fight and I dont think many of us believed that would happen when we were cheering for Pearce in December.

Shame, he is obviously a positive influence for the club away from the pitch.

I hope we wait until after the Derby game to bring in someone new. We cant expect a new guy to walk into that fixture and get a result.

I also hope the new guy keeps a lot of the backroom staff that arrived with Pearce.

re: New Manager Needed After Derby Game

[quote="Raimondo_Ponte"]Until this afternoon I've been on the side of giving Pearce more time - not because of results on the pitch but because i like the way things are working out behind the scenes with the youth and scouting set ups etc.

Unfortunately we only seem to be getting worse with time. If I had seen any improvement in the last couple of games I would be happy to write this season off but we look worse now than we did against Ilkeston in the summer. Additionally our form is so bad that after we get mauled by Derby we'll be looking at a relegation fight and I dont think many of us believed that would happen when we were cheering for Pearce in December.

Shame, he is obviously a positive influence for the club away from the pitch.

I hope we wait until after the Derby game to bring in someone new. We cant expect a new guy to walk into that fixture and get a result.

I also hope the new guy keeps a lot of the backroom staff that arrived with Pearce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis

Fully agree with almost all except the part that a new man must be appointed straightaway.

I have to agree, little point delaying things.

I just think a new arrival brings that 'wave of confidence' that propels a team to a couple of immediate results.
    I think a thrashing by Derby will destroy any chance a new manager would have of getting that 'honeymoon lift'.
    Let Pearce take the flak for what will be a real bad day at the office in Derby whilst the new guy sits in the stands making notes. Away to Fulham must surely offer a new manager a chance of a flying start?

I feel bad for Pearce. I was happy for Billy and McCleish to get sacked but Pearce had all the right intentions for the club and its supporters.

**Edit: for the record I don't want Dan Petrescu - that would be a disaster**

No, needs more time.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52
    No, needs more time.
    To do what?
    We are going backwards on the pitch and we are sliding down the league in a way that puts the club in jeopardy. If we get relegated we will simply never escape FFP sanctions.

Before the FA Cup we were eleven points clear of relegation. Today we are eight points clear. After the Derby game we may be just five or six points clear. Can we risk that any longer?
    I remember the last time we got relegated. Apparently we were too good to go down all season long...

No, needs more time.
    He's had enough time, we're getting worse instead of better.

We've been worse for 15 odd years, who's going to come here if we sack managers ever 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Raimondo_Ponte
    I just think a new arrival brings that 'wave of confidence' that propels a team to a couple of immediate results.
    I think a thrashing by Derby will destroy any chance a new manager would have of getting that 'honeymoon lift'.
    Let Pearce take the flak for what will be a real bad day at the office in Derby whilst the new guy sits in the stands making notes. Away to Fulham must surely offer a new manager a chance of a flying start?

I feel bad for Pearce. I was happy for Billy and McCleish to get sacked but Pearce had all the right intentions for the club and its supporters.

**Edit: for the record I don't want Dan Petrescu - that would be a disaster**
    No get the new man in midweek, and let Wigley or Brazil take temporary charge for the Derby game. No one in the right mind will blame a new manager for a defeat at Derby by whatever margin.
    But Pearce shouldn't go out with a loss to Derby. That 'honour' should remain Davis.'
    I al

We've been worse for 15 odd years, who's going to come here if we sack managers ever 6 months?
    Sorry Es***, it's a bit like your predictions - stick with Pearce until we get a victory every 10-15 games, just like you keep going on and on predicting Forest win. Then next week repeat the same hoping it'll be correct somewhere down the line.

There must a be stop somewhere. Today we reached that point. In a way better the humiliation today than at Derby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast