+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could financial fair play be a good thing for us?

Could financial fair play be a good thing for us?

Given that we still seem to have far too many players on the books,a bit of good housekeeping might help.
    When you consider the positions of Brentford and Bournemouth with their (lack of) resources maybe a good thing we cant sign anyone. Just look at the Blackburn team and performance against Charlton ??

re: Could financial fair play be a good thing for us?

No Bob I don't think it will be
    The players we need to get shot of robbo best and Orr I can't see anybody touching(maybe robbo)
    So we are lumbered with our high earners who were signed by the idiot kean and that vulture Anderson
    If anything it puts pressure on us to sell the jewels in our crown Rhodes gestede and Marshall
    Ffp was designed to prevent clubs going bust but all its done is made the big dogs more untouchable
    It was ill thought out and from day to day it seems to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcrompton1896
    Given that we still seem to have far too many players on the books,a bit of good housekeeping might help.
    When you consider the positions of Brentford and Bournemouth with their (lack of) resources maybe a good thing we cant sign anyone. Just look at the Blackburn team and performance against Charlton ??
    And this has been my main gripe with our squad ..not from a FFP perspective but purely on the playing front.

Burnley fielded the same side yesterday for the seventh time,a record i believe since 2010. Granted lucky with injuries,but just shows that having a consistent 11 can go a long way result wise.

Do we have too many cooks ..or is it a good thing having a huge playing squad ?

My views on FFP have not changed in the least. This is all about protecting the image of the Prem. And with it the 'favoured teams' that sit at the top.

No one will convince me that Venkys would go happily along with their 'business', squandering millions upon millions without being told or forced to correct it by some jumped up 'legislation'.

The painful 'clearing of the decks' necessary is of their own making, and quite rightly they are shouldering the burden of doing so. Having said that, I see no real alternative.
    What I cannot really get my head around is: just what is it, that is in it for them?
    I have always held the belief that it was a global marketing strategy (as I could not identify any other credible reason).
    However, it had run its limited useful course some time back now, and it's become a huge 'burden' financially. Far more than they could have envisaged.
    There are only two reasons they are hanging on, that I could believe/understand.
    1) Their pride. 2) They firmly

[quote="Despair"]My views on FFP have not changed in the least. This is all about protecting the image of the Prem. And with it the 'favoured teams' that sit at the top.

No one will convince me that Venkys would go happily along with their 'business', squandering millions upon millions without being told or forced to correct it by some jumped up 'legislation'.

The painful 'clearing of the decks' necessary is of their own making, and quite rightly they are shouldering the burden of doing so. Having said that, I see no real alternative.
    What I cannot really get my head around is: just what is it, that is in it for them?
    I have always held the belief that it was a global marketing strategy (as I could not identify any other credible reason).
    However, it had run its limited useful course some time back now, and it's become a huge 'burden' financially. Far more than they could have envisaged.
    There are only two reasons they are hanging on, that I could believ

[quote="Howie5o"]My views on FFP have not changed in the least. This is all about protecting the image of the Prem. And with it the 'favoured teams' that sit at the top.

There are only two rea

[quote="AucklandRover"]My views on FFP have not changed in the least. This is all about protecting the image of the Prem. And with it the 'favoured teams' that sit at the top.

However, it had run its limited useful course some time back now, and it's become a huge 'burden' financially. Far more tha

Going right back to the OP, no. I don't really have anything against FFP per sey. But the timing for Rovers is dreadful. The sheer amount of insanity that ran up to last season has left quite a financial legacy, and FFP doesn't for that. So it doesn't allow any route other than promotion to sort things on that front. Proir to Venkys, Rovers were a model for FFP, but the club is under sanctions due to finianical issues of paying off overaid journeymen and bad managerial appointments etc.

Absolutely correct,Dan but do you not think actually reducing the sheer weight of numbers on the payroll could help ?
    It would also give other players left more of a chance to show what they can do?

After all, not everyone hits the ground running / It doesnt mean they are bad players...all credit to Taylor for seizing his chance in the game against Charlton..very impressive indeed. If he was a £30 million striker the pundits on t.v. would be raving about him

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)