+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby week - GAME ON!

Derby week - GAME ON!

So its the rematch on Saturday. Lets remind ourselves that league position and form counts little for this fixture. Seen it so many times not to count chickens. Sure, we go into the game hot faves, but I am keeping my powder dry and not expecting a walkover like last season.

Pearce is down at moment, but not out. Dont expect to see him throw in the towel like King Billy did last season

Anyway, what team are you expecting SP to put out this weekend? Where is the danger gonna come from?

May the best team win, and lets hear "it is what it is" ring around the away end come 2pm!

re: Derby week - GAME ON!

I'm afraid it's gonna be tough. We lost our best chance of victory when Useless Eustace got himself sent off.

Although this is a game many will approach with great trepidation and it doesn't look good at all for us, but we follow our team through thick and thin. Even if we lose life goes on. We go away lick our wounds and hope for better next time around.

To be fair Romanis, Eust returning to team has given us more solidity. He protects the back 4 and no surprise our goals against has improved. Add to that return of Bucko who I also rate

So losing Eust may actually work in your favour!

There is a chance that Shteeve could change system (I hope not) and go 4-4-2 with Bent up top with Chrissy

Honestly Pearce's biggest mistake was not playing 5-4-1 or some other utterly defensive formation when the rot first set in. You have followed this league long enough to know that winning ugly and 1 - 0 wins go very far. The first thing is not concede.

Don't matter how much the opponents have the ball, you stop them penetrating your back line and stifle them when they do with players blocking their paths. Had we simply played defensively and ground out a few 0-0s eventually the wins would have appeared.

You build from the back, then stifle midfield. Once everything functions smoothly, then you can start playing good pleasing to the eye footy.

His mistake was not going to the basics and I feel that is the only way now forward. So I hope to see 10 men behind the ball on Saturday.

Im off to this game, keep your eye out for a fit guy in a mustard pretty green jacket.

Players will be getting a earfull from me if we loose, just like the QPR players did saturday.

prediction 3-0 Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by trentendscott
    Im off to this game, keep your eye out for a fit guy in a mustard pretty green jacket.

Players will be getting a earfull from me if we loose, just like the QPR players did saturday.

prediction 3-0 Derby.
    TES, if your jacket is mustard, wouldnt it be a yellowy colour?

Any prime candidates you are gonna be given verbal volleys to? Hope you save one or two for the manager...although I hear he has thick skin!

Quote Originally Posted by trentendscott
    Will you be sat next to this fit lad in a mustard coloured jacket?

prediction 3-0 Derby.